Thread: Who's to thank for the fantastic bass comping?

Default Who's to thank for the fantastic bass comping?

I've been arranging a lot of the jazz standards, and I can't get over how good the double bass player is. Creative arcs, pedaling, triplets, syncopations all used judiciously--beautiful. I wish I could play jazz bass that well. Who is responsible for programming the jazz double bass, and how did he/she do it? How can I thank her/him personally?
    Jack

I'm glad you like it.

I programmed the bass lines (I'm a bass player) as well as actually programming the app itself

Massimo Biolcati.

Massimo, I should have guessed you must have had a lot to do with it. The bass sounds great!

This all puts me in kind of a funny spot, however: I'm only a very amateur entertainer, and I kinda vocalize along with my own upright bass. So I have to cut the bass out of the iRealb playbacks, which seems silly because I don't play bass as well as the iRrealb bass. But I'm not a singer, either, so I don't sing well enough to just stand there and sing along with the full iRealb playbacks. So, between my bass playing and my vocalizing, what I do is pretty fourth rate. On the other hand, if quality is what they wanted they could just play a recording of Sinatra or Bennett or whomever. So we're all just having fun with this thing! . . . But it's a good thing I'm just an amateur.
    Jack

Hi nimble switch

IRealb turned me from a fourth rate bass player to a second rate player.
    Find a weak part in your
    playing and make an exercise . Use the educator to slightly increas the tempo.
    I have a boatload of bass exercises I should put up. I think I put up a few.
    One of the best is to practice scales in circle of fourths but only four at a time.
    Ex..C,F,Bb,Eb. Then repeat

@massimobio

Yeah, thank you for the fine bass player in iReal Pro!

Are you planning to improve it even more with features like Biab's MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks?