Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the all new iRealb Pro 5.0 comments?

Quote Originally Posted by 8ty8 View Post
    I think I'm plain old confused. Massimobio was kind to make available the 1300 tunes which i downloaded on both iPad4 and iPhone5. The "old" iRealb version worked great with them. Bought the Piano Scales and Chord Scales modules. Lovely. Then I updated the iPhone5 to the "Pro" version and all 1300 tunes are gone along with the Piano Scales and Chord Scales modules. So guess I have to buy them again.

Do I need to do so separately for iPad vs iPhone?

(later.....) it's nice when I answer my own question. Went to buy them again, the store said I'd already bought so click okay to download for free.

The iRealb people must be in the Hall of Fame. Truly stellar app and functionality. Still prefer the old menu system. Maybe I'll learn to like the new one.
    You can simply import all those chart and much more from the forum.
    Here is the link to the Jazz list: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1300-Standards
    There is a detailed Tutorial inside iReal Pro un Settings how to download songs.

I have an iPad and an iPhone 5 and when I got the upgrade the alphabet was gone from the iPad.

Both iOS devices are using iOS 7.

So not only did the alphabet disappear but there was also no slider for the iPad. So I had to scroll manually through all the songs.

I was fortunate enough to retrieve iRealb before it was gone from the App Store.

What's really strange is the issue was brought to the administrators attention here and I was told I was looking at the playlist instead of songs. I was definitely looking at songs.

Here's the strange part.

There is no record of the conversation on the issue when I go to my recent posts. No recent posts period.

So my question is anyone else having this issue with an iPad 2 specifically or any iPad?

The issue is no alphabet or slider in the songs.

I saved a screen capture from an android tablet and showed where there was no alphabet and Massimo politely informed me that there was never an alphabet for the android device.

I really can't remember.

Now I'm not trying to disparage ireal pro or Massimo because I really love the app and have told many musicians about it.

As a pianist, I always mute the piano accompaniment when I use IReal Pro. I would love the option of a string pad (as long as it wasn't cheesy) instead of piano.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthhquakeman View Post
    I have an iPad and an iPhone 5 and when I got the upgrade the alphabet was gone from the iPad.

So not only did the alphabet disappear but there was also no slider for the iPad. So I had to scroll manually through all the songs.

The issue is no alphabet or slider in the songs.
    Hi EQ
    I was trying to figure out what you were talking about .
    I've been comparing my Pro version with the old one on my iPod touch.

I see the songs in both versions in the master library in alphabetical order with the alphabet to the right but they go away when you use the search function.

It sounds like you miss the control window that pops up when you play the song.
    I think the new way is an improvement.
    Now you tap the screen and instead of a pop-up window that blocks the song from view the controls are on the bottom of the page and are much easier and faster to change if you want to edit playback.'
    1) change tempo , increase the repeats , change key, and groove selection are right below the song.
    2) Below that are the stop/start , improved mixer and education function.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Hi EQ
    I was trying to figure out what you were talking about .
    I've been comparing my Pro version with the old one on my iPod touch.

I see the songs in both versions in the master library in alphabetical order with the alphabet to the right but they go away when you use the search function.

It sounds like you miss the control window that pops up when you play the song.
    I think the new way is an improvement.
    Now you tap the screen and instead of a pop-up window that blocks the song from view the controls are on the bottom of the page and are much easier and faster to change if you want to edit playback.'
    1) change tempo , increase the repeats , change key, and groove selection are right below the song.
    2) Below that are the stop/start , improved mixer and education function.
    Thanks for trying.

This occurred when I was scrolling through the songs, only on the iPad.

There was no alphabet period and no slider so I was able to retrieve iRealb before it disappeared from the App Store.

I have ireal pro on my iPhone and the alphabet is there and no problems.

So to sum up when I had ireal pro on the iPad I had to literally scroll through all the songs with no alphabet and no slider.

With over 1,300 tunes there is no way I could do that fast on the bandstand.

Actually I bought an android 7" tablet for sessions so I wouldn't risk the iPad at jam sessions etc.

I have the app there and it has a slider and Massimo said it never had the alphabet but the slider is enough.

Now I don't want to take the chance to upgrade again to ireal pro because there is no way to retrieve iRealb.

Happy to report that I upgraded to ireal pro on my iPad and the alphabet was there and songs, playlists etc. are there at the bottom of the page where they should be.
    Last edited by Earthhquakeman; 11-14-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Inserted the word iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthhquakeman View Post
    Here's the strange part.

There is no record of the conversation on the issue when I go to my recent posts. No recent posts period.
    I know. There was a discussion about the appearance (or non-appearance) of the control window, the reduction in size of the chord window, and the extra taps required to go from song to song in full-screen. IIRC Massimo asked what our individual preferences were. All of those posts are gone.

Massimo posted that the newest update allowed the user to set their default preference for full-page chart vs. player controls. Yes, it appears that thread was deleted by admin since the issue had been addressed.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-17-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Cool! That feature was not listed in the update notice in iTunes. In fact, none were... just "Bug fixes." Downloading it now!

Thanks so much Niki. I'm loving iRealb.....!!