Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the all new iRealb Pro 5.0

Default the all new iRealb Pro 5.0

I'm curious about the new mac version which I haven't downloaded yet.

I'd like to know first if anybody is having issues with it?
    It's probably okay with Mountain Lion but does it run better with Mavericks?
    Any comments on Mavericks. I don't think I'll be able to use it because some of my older apps won't work with it.(like iPhoto 8)

My real fear is it won't work on my SnowLeopard Macbook.
    I have version 2.8(3951) and have issues with the repeat window mysteriously having double and triple digit repeats that really slow it down.
    The work-around is to loop the whole thing.
    It does show up in the app store as downloadable but it want's to charge me $19.99.
    On my Mountain Lion iMac it's a free update?

Hello Bobsax,
    It works on Mavericks and Mountain Lion as well. The update is free, just check if you are logged in to the Mac App Store with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Hello Bobsax,
    It works on Mavericks and Mountain Lion as well. The update is free, just check if you are logged in to the Mac App Store with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase.
    Thanks Nikki

so does it work with Snow Leopard?

Yes Bobsax, works perfect

Hi Niki
    I just downloaded iReal Pro for my Mac and I used the same ID but it looks like I was charged the €17.99
    I wouldn't mind paying but it still seems to have the same printing problem as the old iReal Book editor. The music doesn't fill out the whole page. It sits in a box smaller than the page.
    The only way I can get the music to fill the whole page is send it to my iPhone and email the PDF to myself.
    The play along addition is cool but I doubt I'd use it very often. I mainly used the editor to write and print charts for my original songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Thanks Nikki

so does it work with Snow Leopard?
    Hi Nikki
    I was able to install the new version but it would not open.
    When I went to the app store the button was labeled INSTALL.
    When I selected it, it read;
    IReal Pro 5.0 is already installed and was not purchased from the Mac app store.
    Do you want to buy iRealb Pro- again?

Quote Originally Posted by Housguit View Post
    Hi Niki
    I just downloaded iReal Pro for my Mac and I used the same ID but it looks like I was charged the €17.99
    I wouldn't mind paying but it still seems to have the same printing problem as the old iReal Book editor. The music doesn't fill out the whole page. It sits in a box smaller than the page.
    The only way I can get the music to fill the whole page is send it to my iPhone and email the PDF to myself.
    The play along addition is cool but I doubt I'd use it very often. I mainly used the editor to write and print charts for my original songs.
    When you click on the Apple icon on the top left corner of your screen,then App Store, click on Store/View my account and log in with the Apple ID you used for the original purchase. If it charged you again, you were probably logged in with a different Apple ID.
    Please contact Apple for a refund.

To print a whole page: when you open iReal Pro and choose the song you want to print on your Mac, go to Window/Hide sidebar and then Print.
    If it's still not full size, you can open it in Preview where you can use the Scale to change it.
    I hope this helps

Hi Nikki
    I was able to install the new version but it would not open.
    When I went to the app store the button was labeled INSTALL.
    When I selected it, it read;
    IReal Pro 5.0 is already installed and was not purchased from the Mac app store.
    Do you want to buy iRealb Pro- again?
    You did purchase it in the Mac App Store,right? Please make a backup of your songs, delete the previous version and install it again from the Mac App Store.
    Let me know if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You did purchase it in the Mac App Store,right? Please make a backup of your songs, delete the previous version and install it again from the Mac App Store.
    Let me know if it worked.
    I may have bought it before the app store was in business.

Before delete anything I just want to give you a little more info.
    Finder show that I have both versions on my computer.

The old version is in downloads and opens up when I click on it from the finder. Pro is now in the dock

IRealb Pro is in applications and does not respond to any clicks. Info says it's 34.6 MB so I think it's there.

I may have bought it before the app store was in business.

Before delete anything I just want to give you a little more info.
    Finder show that I have both versions on my computer.

The old version is in downloads and opens up when I click on it from the finder. Pro is now in the dock

IRealb Pro is in applications and does not respond to any clicks. Info says it's 34.6 MB so I think it's there.
    Make a backup of your songs, delete both versions, restart your computer and install it again from the store.