Thread: iphone 5c/5s support

Default iphone 5c/5s support

Hi,
    Does iReal b run on the new 5c and 5s phones?

I am intending to buy one to run mirroring to my macbook using the Reflection app (as my eyesight is starting to fail and my 3GS display is no longer adequate for me). Can anyone see any potential pitfalls with this as the upgrade is largely so that I can keep on using iReal b. This seems cheaper (!) and more sensible than buying an ipad or (apple tv + small television) which I would not use much otherwise and the new phone would have other uses.

At the moment I run the 3GS h/phone socket through the DP amp/speakers for the backing tracks. I am assuming that running mirroring will not disable this audio. Grateful for any help/suggestions from those more knowledgable

Thank very much
    Robert

Have you looked at 7" android tablets? right now, some are $100-150 and the holiday sales haven't begun yet.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Have you looked at 7" android tablets? right now, some are $100-150 and the holiday sales haven't begun yet.
    )BOB
    Thanks for the quick reply, pdxdjazz. An Android tablet would be a good idea, but I don't think the piano chords and scales in-app purchases are available in the Android version. I use those a lot.
    Unfortunately my macbook is an old 32 bit or I would run the mac app. That is what made me wonder, particularly about the iphone 5s, which is a 64 bit architecture, whether iReal b would be supported. Now that I think of it though I'm probably being silly since there would be a new version of xCode to take care of that, I expect.
    I guess I will bite the bullet, buy an iphone 5, get the Reflection app and see what happens.......
    Thanks for your comments
    Robert

If you can be patient a bit longer, chords and scales are planned for a coming android update.
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...es-or-keyboard
    For visual readability, most any tablet would best the 5c/s.
    I use a 2nd-hand iPad (1) it's great, except it's like carrying around a surfboard. My opinion, the 7" android tablets or the iPad mini($$$) are the best compromise in readability and portability.
    )BOB

The app will run well on the new iPhones. Expect a new release for Mac, Android and iOS versions within a week or so.
    Not all Android devices have HDMI out, so make sure it will do this if you want to use a large screen.
    Or think about an iPad from ebay (etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    If you can be patient a bit longer, chords and scales are planned for a coming android update.
    That's great news and the ideal solution for me. Thanks very much.
    I do think this app is incredible.
    Robert

Even better news , dflat. Will look forward to it. You guys just saved me a pile of money. I really love this app.

Although it will run on an iPad 1, an iPad 2 or later (including the mini) should last longer in terms of updates with new features we add. Apple also sells refurbished older model iPads with a warranty.