Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Make Me Feel Brand New - Bell-Creed

Default You Make Me Feel Brand New - Bell-Creed

Here is a great one for your singer. Apply some pressure to his parts for best effect

You Make Me Feel Brand New - Bell-Creed

(Stylistics, simply red)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-23-2019 at 02:00 AM.

Great! Song!

You Make Me Feel Brand New - Performed By The Stylistics

An even more accurate version. With proper repeat codings and a B/C# instead of C#-7. But a great chart to edit. Thanks for the hard work.

You Make Me Feel Brand New - Performed By The Stylistics

I've been working on this Sher Music version of "You Make Me Feel Brand New", and every time I try to save it,
    it switches style and tempo from slow rock 83 bpm to bluegrass 220 bpm. Why why WHY!!!

I had this chart going great with everything flowing as it should (ABCD ABCD-coda), but then I noticed I forgot one measure. After I fixed it, it won't play the entire D section and instead, it goes right to the coda. What the heck am I doing wrong here?? (It is at 70 bpm instead of 220 because I discovered when I took the "83 bpm" I added to the style text out, it defaulted to the Pop Ballad, Slow Rock tempo.)

You Make Me Feel Brand New--SM - Thom Bell-Linda Creed
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-07-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread from PM

Quote Originally Posted by GregH3000 View Post
    I've been working on this Sher Music version of "You Make Me Feel Brand New", and every time I try to save it,
    it switches style and tempo from slow rock 83 bpm to bluegrass 220 bpm. Why why WHY!!!
    No idea. I haven't read that anyone else has experienced that.

There is difference between the chart style in the editor and the player style.

Available player styles vs. suggested style on chart
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...player&p=13407

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-07-2019 at 10:57 PM.

I had this chart going great with everything flowing as it should (ABCD ABCD-coda), but then I noticed I forgot one measure. After I fixed it, it won't play the entire D section and instead, it goes right to the coda. What the heck am I doing wrong here?? (It is at 70 bpm instead of 220 because I discovered when I took the "83 bpm" I added to the style text out, it defaulted to the Pop Ballad, Slow Rock tempo.)

You Make Me Feel Brand New--SM - Thom Bell-Linda Creed

How's this?

You Make Me Feel Brand New--SM 1 - Thom Bell-Linda Creed

Ok, your Intro is 12 bars.
    Your A is 9 bars (?)
    B = 8 ✔️
    C = 9 (yeabut there's that pesky 3/4 bar)
    D = 14 bars... If you're happy, then so am I.

DS 1st end....(???) there's no "1st ending" on chart.
    Loose the repeat bar signs at the start of the A and the end of the D. Set the player for "2”.

Everyone will be happier if (whenever possible) you use one of the built-in templates. Random length bars are nothing but trouble.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...8119#post48119
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-07-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Really close, you just forgot to put the segne in at the end of the ninth bar of the D section (chorus). I put it in, and it worked. Here is the final version:

Yeah, it does have a strange structure, but I'm taking it right from the sheet music. Now you can see how I forgot one bar which started all this trouble.
    OK, I will take a look at the templates, but I tend to choose the weirdest tunes just for kicks, and they don't fit templates (just finished Mission: Impossible; it looks ugly, but it works.)
    Thanks again for saving this for me; this app is taking over my life, I swear.

Really close, you just forgot to put the segne in at the end of the ninth bar of the D section (chorus). I put it in, and it worked. Here is the final version:

Yeah, it does have a strange structure, but I'm taking it right from the sheet music. Now you can see how I forgot one bar which started all this trouble.
    OK, I will take a look at the templates, but I tend to choose the weirdest tunes just for kicks, and they don't fit templates (just finished Mission: Impossible; it looks ugly, but it works.)
    Thanks again for saving this for me; this app is taking over my life, I swear.
    I didn't enter the jump-from coda sign because it wasn't indicated on your chart.
    If that's where you want to take the coda the final time then it needs to be there.
    https://irealpro.com/how-the-coda-sy...-in-ireal-pro/
    Glad you're having fun
    )BOB

Really? I'm pretty sure I put that coda sign in. That was why I was tearing my hear out; I had it in there, and it would keep jumping to the coda instead of playing through the first time.

I'll check out the info you sent on this, thanks again.