Thread: Restore playlists from Time Machine backup?

Default Restore playlists from Time Machine backup?

I lost all my playlists in the Mac OS X version of iRealb. My computer is regularly backed up to Time Machine on an external harddrive. I can't figure out where the playlists would be stored though. Are the playlists stored as a file somewhere on the computer when you create them?

Yes

The file with the actual songs is here:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac/Data/Library/Application Support/iReal b/UserSongs.plist

and the file with the playlists is here:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac/Data/Library/Preferences/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac.plist

Restore those two files.

great, thank you!

I cannot find these files on my time machine to restore lost versions using your following instructions. Is this info. still valid, or has the location of songs and playlists changed since this 2013 (maybe now obsolete) post?

The file with the actual songs is here:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac/Data/Library/Application Support/iReal b/UserSongs.plist

and the file with the playlists is here:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac/Data/Library/Preferences/com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac.plist

Quote Originally Posted by lucytune View Post
    I cannot find these files on my time machine to restore lost versions using your following instructions...
    Although referring to a clean install, this link tells you the location of the files.
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...n-install&l=en