Thread: still getting odd problems with ds coda

Default still getting odd problems with ds coda

I am fighting with this track. There does not seem to be any obvious logic to the way that ds al coda works. I would like the song to play to the ds al coda message at the end of the song jump to the segno then when it comes to the first coda jump to the second one and play to the end. I have tried extra section markers, deleted bars and put them back in changed the number times the track plays,, deleted segno and codas, put them back but whatever the track just does not behave as expected.

The Greatest Love - Whitney V - Masser And Creed
    Last edited by mathewjg; 09-24-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: updated to latest version of the track

Ok you wanted to skip V2 the 2nd time, right?
    I re-labeled your rehearsal marks ( not necessary, just made sense to me), added the 2nd A, and moved the sego and DSalCoda.
    So, does this now play in the sequence you desire?
    In,A,B,C,D,A,C,D,Coda.???
    Greatest Love - Whitney V, The - Masser And Creed
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-24-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Many thanks. Your version plays perfectly. But what was wrong with my one? Is it because I didnt label the last a section

It's possible that the player may think that all bars after the 2nd coda sign (on the first space in a measure) should be played only once at the end. Your coda was also part of the body of the tune which may have caused player-confusion.
    (just a guess...)
    )BOB

Yeah, the Coda needs to be placed after the bold double bar, or it will confuse the Player. In fact, if I was just reading down that chart I would be pretty confused myself.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.