Thread: Love Letters - Victor Young

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Love Letters - Victor Young

A sweet sweet song of Diana Krall version in her 'The Look Of Love' album. The chords are slightly different in its Coda part but both main and Coda parts are great.
    Please note that this song played by instruments is normally in key G. This vocal version actually starts with a verse in key G but the song part is sung in key Bb. After the song part, it's ending is again played in key G by strings. Unfortunately, the verse and the ending have to be omitted because the length becomes too long.

Love Letters (Diana Krall) - Young - Heyman

Default Love Letters

Love Letters pop/jazz crossover tune. Great Stanley Turrentine version on his Hustlin' album.

Love Letters - Young-Heyman

Again, watch your placement of double bars (measures 8, 17 & 32) and bold double bar (should be at the end, instead of bar 16). Last year I posted a chart of Ketty Lester's classic version, if you'd like to use it as reference:

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...Lester-version

And if you haven't heard it already, check out Josh Nelson's.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Sorry, not intentional on the double bar placement. I just used the 16 bar A/B template, and must have overlooked the double bar that was already there. I will strive for perfection in my future endeavors. I searched for a version of this before I made mine. I didn't see yours come up, but thanks for the link.

Perfection is worth striving for, although I have yet to attain it myself. (And the Forum's Search function is certainly far from perfect...) Hope I don't seem over-critical. Keep posting these good tunes!

Since I use iRealb on a lot of my solo piano gigs, I care mostly about what happens after I push the "Play" button. Stuff like double bars, repeats, default key signatures, etc., all affect what the Player does. For instance, I occasionally plug in a double-bar if I want a cymbal crash in a particular place. Or I'll enter a chord voicing that isn't "quite right" because I like what the bass does. And I almost always have to rig an odd-meter measure at the end, to make songs stop where I want them to. So most of my charts are gonna be less than ideal for reading.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.