Thread: Chord chart to text[not pdf]

Default Chord chart to text[not pdf]

Is there anyway to save the chord chart to text? So it can be copied and pasted into a text file? I want to copy the chords into the notes in Logic Pro 9. So I can see the chart in Logic Pro 9 Logic pro 9 can not open xml files.
    MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.8.5,
    Mac: Logic 9 (scoring, producing), iReal b (progressions)
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

No answer to this? Anything in the works?
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

We have no plans for such a feature.
    You might be able to find some open source notation software that can read the MusicXML format.

OK, thanks.

I have been thinking of you having your chords as text in Notes. Probably not ideal or is it just for reference?
    As a PDF you could view it in Preview (do you have two monitors?) and keep the PDF in the logic project folder.

Or try adding chords into the score in logic via the midi file:
    (only simple chords I presume?) set the style to practice, 1x repeat and export the midi file, import into logic and get Logic to analyse and create chord symbols. I have not tested this however, just a thought.
    Here is a tutorial I found with the steps:
    http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/...t-in-logic-pro
    It also outlines getting the chord symbols from the chord track to the score, which might be useful?

That sounds good but presents some problems: See this Post at Logic Pro help:http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/vi...hp?f=1&t=94996
    A couple of excerpts: Are you going to use the global Chord track for your score?
    If that's the case you better prepare yourself for a world of hurt.
    Yes, it's a mess -It transposes everything! You can use the Change display only option but I've run into some pretty nasty bugs in the past and simply abandoned it. Maybe it works in 9.1.8?
    Any way thank you very much for helping and for the link and the reply.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    I have been thinking of you having your chords as text in Notes. Probably not ideal or is it just for reference?
    As a PDF you could view it in Preview (do you have two monitors?) and keep the PDF in the logic project folder.

Or try adding chords into the score in logic via the midi file:
    (only simple chords I presume?) set the style to practice, 1x repeat and export the midi file, import into logic and get Logic to analyse and create chord symbols. I have not tested this however, just a thought.
    Here is a tutorial I found with the steps:
    http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/...t-in-logic-pro
    It also outlines getting the chord symbols from the chord track to the score, which might be useful?

They refer to using the chord text objects instead, which I was presuming you would do from the initial global chord track. Or do the chord text objects mess up also?
    Do you need to transpose though? If you were expecting your Notes to be just text for the chords, then it would be in a specific key and transposing in logic would not then be in the key for the chords in Notes.

I've been back and forth today with David from Logic Pro Help Forum http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/vi...525864#p525864
    I used his suggestion : "Have you tried selecting Change Display Only in the global Chord track header?" and so far it has worked fine.
    Then using the info from the link you have given me>http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/co...sertips/70.htm
    I printed it to a PDF then in Preview(on the Mac) copied and pasted the chords to a text doc. All went well and it's nice having the chords in the Global Chord track as they show up in the Piano Roll editor.
    Another Thing is when I change the notes in the chord in the score editor, they update in the Global Chord track. Also in the score. Now I must rest my brain. At 65 years old my thinker gets tired.

Thank you for your information and process. I hope you have it all working well for what you need to do. Sorry it is not a simple process. We added music XML to help but obviously it does not solve all situations

No problem. It's too bad Logic 9 doesn't load xml but I hear Logic X does only $200.00