Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem to import file from E-mail

Default Problem to import file from E-mail

I right click the song tittle attachment in E-mail (hotmail), but I cannot find the "copy link locataion", I use firefox

Hmmm could be a number of things but some things to ask you...

Is it the latest version of firefox

Are you using a PC or Mac?

Is the title of the playlist or song name underlined, and it might be blue colored, or is it just in black like the rest of the text?
    Did you select the title of the playlist/song title before right-clicking to try to get the Copy link location?

What device or software sent it? IPhone or web editor or what?

Have you got another email address you can try? And are you able to use webmail or have it imported to your email application as one or other might be corrupting the code.

Sorry for the questions and no answers, but I need to figure out what is happening first.

Thanks

1. FF 3.6 version
    2. PC
    3. The Song Name no underlined, in blue colored.
    4. I sent by I pod touch 3
    5. I used hotmail right now and I tried G-mail which is same
    Last edited by goodknifehk; 09-26-2010 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks.
    - Try Apple's Safari web browser.

- Try Thunderbird, we had a reference to that here
    (related to gmail but this might also be a problem with hotmail):
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....gmail#post1739

- Are you able to email it from your iPod touch to an email address you collect using an email application? or email to a non-generic webmail address (not gmail nor hotmail), something like your email address that you might have with your ISP where you pick it up with an email application like Outlook or similar?
    The problem might be going through a browser to webmail.
    Or the problem is with some email accounts/email provider and how they configure their email system.
    (I suspect this might be what is happening.)

Let us know if any of these work.

Hi goodknifehk,
    had any success? I have run more tests. I have the same problem as you with Hotmail, but can send from iReal book to my ISP-related email address (and a couple of others, not hotmail) and use webmail to Copy/Copy link into our web editor. One of my thoughts is that the generic hotmail (perhaps gmail also) change the code of the song somehow. If you could try with a different email address it might work for you.
    I want to do some more testing so if I come up with anything, will post back here.
    Thanks.

Default Same problem

I am experiencing the same problem. - PC
    I tried Firefox latest version, and also Outlook. In outlook, when moving the cursor on the link I see the "song data" but cannot access it.

I am under the impression that this worked before, because I think I tried it when I initiallly purchased the software.. Have you changed anything in the format of the message going out of the Ipod application ?

Has this been solved ? answered somewhere else ?

Excuse me if this message is not in the right place since I am not very familiar with forums.
    thank you

when pasting the song data in outlook you won't directly see a link. You have to send the email to your iOS device and there you should be able to access the link.
    If you need to access the link on your PC try looking in the sent folder at the specific email and there the song data link should be clickable but it won't do anything on a PC since there is no software for PC. You can merely copy the link and paste it into the WebEditor in Firefox in your case.

Default Same Problem - Kind of solved - but still a problem.

Here I am again,

I created a new email account (not read and cleared from server automaticaly) for reading directly from webmail. Using "squirrelmail"(see attachment), I read the message (kept on the server), the added data is perceived as an "Unsafe Image" (named blank.png) and cannot be displayed per say. I managed to save the image as a text file. The data is there, but must be edited to remove all the html tag, and copied back to ireal webeditor. This is really cumbersome. Faster than retyping everything, but still far from being as easy as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    ... You can merely copy the link and paste it into the WebEditor in Firefox in your case.
    ++this does not work... this is the problem - the link seems to be present (in the email sent by the ipod to the PC), but there is no way to use it nor copy its link or link data anywhere. except for the clumsy way I described here.
    and receiving the wededited data from the PC the ipod is NOT a problem.
    thanks again
    Last edited by marcpouliot; 01-19-2011 at 07:19 PM.

there is no way to extract the link. (firefox)

Hi,

doing my first steps with iRealBook I have the same troubles on the way
    iPodTouch4 -> webeditor

may be Outlook (2003) does not play as expected

and firefox say something like it does not know with which program to handle the link (don't know exactly at which moment)

my workaround:
    - ask Outlook (which shows the entire song as a tooltip) to show me the source code of the mail
    - in the ASCII-editor delete the beginning until <"> and the end of the mail from <"> so that only irealbook://..... remains
    - and copy&paste this in the import-window of the webeditor.

Not very smart, but if this is realy the only solution it would be helpful to read it in the manual.

Thanks for your great job!
    Hinterhofnarr

PS: and, äh, there is no "insert/delete beat" in the iPod-editor, isn't it?