Thread: half diminished chords sends the web editor into most bizarre behavior

Default half diminished chords sends the web editor into most bizarre behavior

Hi,

Using either latest Chrome or IE, adding to any chord symbol, say C, the "quality of half diminished which is the little "slashed o" stuffs up the whole score. It is infuriating. No way I found not to have this problem. For example, I cannot write any bar with the simple progression /D-/ D-/ E half dim /A7/ .

What's going on. I should add I want to use the web editor as writing on my tablet is just to ackward.

Thank you for any feeback.

C

On my iPad, the web editor (safari) also exhibits odd behavior when entering half-dim chord extensions.
    ∅, ∅7, ∅9.
    All of the measures following the attempted entry disappear. Tap anywhere, a miniature copy of the now truncated chart appears at the measure in question, Tap again and an even smaller version appears relative to the previous...and so on.

Fascinating.

For the time being, one might use min7b5 and subsequently edit the measures in question to ∅ later.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-20-2013 at 01:53 AM.

I do love iRealb and use it regularly. But their editor is just crap. Perhaps that once one has created enough tunes of sufficient complexity, does it become ok to create a chart. For the time being I find this editor just abominable. It has a 1980s feel when Microsoft were with DOS were at their worst!!