Thread: Something To Talk About - Shirley Eikhard

Default Something To Talk About - Shirley Eikhard

Let's Give Them Something to Talk About (Bonnie Raitt) - Shirley Eikhard

Not sure if anyone needs this tune, pretty simple, but my first attempt with the editor.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-08-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Hope you don't mind if I made a few edit suggestions, mostly cosmetic, and optimized it for the iRealb Player. A double-bar will usually give you a cymbal crash. The [B] indicator will give you a slightly different groove on the bridge. You can kill everything but the drums with the "N.C." command. And the bold double bar at the end let's you more easily control the number of repeats ("Times" setting) until the coda.

Something To Talk About (edit) - Shirley Eikhard (Bonnie Raitt)

Wow, I haven't thought about this song since I was playing the singles bar circuit in the 90's. As far as "needing" the song: If it hasn't already been posted, someone will need it eventually. Thanks for your contribution and welcome to the Forum.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

No worries, I don't really use the player a lot, so I didn't know that those edits would change the arrangement. I just need to get through it on a gig.

One thing on your edit, you got rid of some repeats and there's no direction on how the coda works, just in case you need it on a gig. Thanks for letting me know how the player works!

You're right. The repeat number appears in the upper right corner only when you're running the Player. The coda section automatically plays after the last time, unless there's a corresponding coda sign in an earlier measure. When posting for everyone in the Forum, it's sometimes a judgement call between files for playing and files for reading. But for your own personal use, whatever gets you through the night.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thanks Billy - great chart

Yes, very well done! : )

Thanks I needed it

Hi,

Here’s Something To Talk About, written by Shirley Eikhard and recorded by Bonnie Raitt on her album Luck Of The Draw in 1991.

https://youtu.be/mJ58TVYNFro

Something To Talk About (Bonnie Raitt Version) - Shirley Eikhard
    Last edited by MontunoResonante; 03-14-2021 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song discussion thread

Thank you, I overlooked the existing thread....

Thanks for sharing your chart.
    )BOB