Thread: Un homme et une femme (a man and a woman) - Francis Lai

Default Un homme et une femme (a man and a woman) - Francis Lai

I hope you enjoy it, please improve if needed.
    The end looks weird but that's the closest i found as a playback.
    Cheers!

CHANGE TEMPO to 130

Un homme et une femme - Francis Lai

Definitely a challenging piece! You're not quite there yet. Search for the sheet music online to see how it handles the time signature changes. For playback purposes, you'll need to add some extra bars, since the Player doesn't process the fermata. And if you listen to the original you'll notice the entire Coda can just be in 3/4 (I'd use the "S" setting for the chords there). There are also simple entry errors in bars 1 and 13, and you should change the default key to E Major. Kudos for trying to tackle this booger!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-10-2016 at 05:09 AM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Un Homme Et Une Femme - Francis Lai
    Last edited by CyrilleB; 11-09-2023 at 10:44 PM.

Un Homme et Une Femme - Francis Lai

Hi, shin1ro, I was getting ready to make a chart for "A Man and a Woman," and decided to see if anyone else had done it. I found your ingenious chart, and made a few edits to get it to play correctly all the way through.

I really like the way you got the fermatas to play by stretching out to two bars for those sections; cool! On the coda, I switched to 6/8 for those dotted quarters on the ascending and descending major seven chords to play in time, but that's about the only innovation I added to your work; all the rest was just reorganization. See if you like it:

Un Homme et Une Femme - GH3K - Francis Lai

Thanks for saving me some time, although it took me about an hour to get THIS one done.
    Last edited by GregH3000; 11-09-2023 at 09:40 PM. Reason: missed two bars in the coda, corrected.