Thread: How to put duplicate songs in a playlist?

Default How to put duplicate songs in a playlist?

I have noticed that I can't have more than one copy of a song in a playlist unless I give the copy another name. I am doing a show where the same song occurs rwice and it would be useful to have all songs in the order of play. Is this a bug or correct operation?.

No currently the song can only be in there once. Duplicate the song.

Yes. Perfect. Thanks

Just add an asterisk or another character to title of the duplicate. Ray

If the same song occurs twice, I'd put a "1" and "2" after the titles. (It's not a "bug" - just like you can't have two files with identical names in a folder on your computer.)
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

When you duplicate a song it will be automatically numbered at the end of the title's name when it opens in Song edit, so unless you want to change it, you can simply touch Back to save it. Duplicate the original again if you want the number to increment.

Just to clarify: When you duplicate a song, the copy will have a "1" after it (meaning the 1st copy). Duplicate the original again and you'll get a "2", and so on. If you duplicate the copy, you'll end up with "1 1". Either way, I'd name the two copies however works best for you, and keep the original on file elsewhere. Then, when the show is over, you can delete the extra copies.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Many thanks for the answers. Much appreciated