Thread: Export/Import Issues - can we use the computer?

Default Export/Import Issues - can we use the computer?

I just got an iPad mini, and want to export my iPod songs and playlists. But I have two major problems - my iPod refuses to send the email, and my iPad will not access the network! (Been through the tech support, Apple has no answer why I can't connect, it works elsewhere, and all four of my other iPads/iPods work fine.

But is there no way to copy to the computer and import via iTunes?

Thanks. Kind of weird, but i have had a bunch of network issues recently....

Yes there is; I don't remember the details right now but I think it is like this:

1) In iTunes, with your device connected, look in the place where apps have files associated with them
    2) Copy the .plist file to your desktop
    3) Drag that .plist file to that same box when you are syncing your other devices.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith View Post
    I just got an iPad mini, and want to export my iPod songs and playlists. But I have two major problems - my iPod refuses to send the email, and my iPad will not access the network! ... but i have had a bunch of network issues recently....
    Are your network problems sorted? did you turn your modem off then on again?
    Also turn off then on iPod and iPad (I suspect Apple got you to do this.)
    If you have another email address, set that up and test.
    You could also use another wifi connection to check if it is your network.

I wound up replacing the router, everything is working now, thanks. But I still would like to be able to copy original compositions trhough the computer to avoid the email dance.