Thread: Hearing chords when selected in the editor?

Default Hearing chords when selected in the editor?

Is there a way to hear chords before entry?
    MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.8.5,
    Mac: Logic 9 (scoring, producing), iReal b (progressions)
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle808us View Post
    Is there a way to hear chords before entry?
    Not with iOS. But with OSX, you can play/audition the chord voicings before saving. (Just one of many reasons the Mac program is well worth having. I fumbled around for a week on my iPod before springing for OXS. MUCH easier for editing and organizing.)
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

I'm in the OSX version now but I can't figure out how to audition the chord voicing. Can you tell me how this is done. Thank you.
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

Enter a chord and click "Play". If you don't like it, you can keep trying different chords. When you find the one you like, click "Save". I guess you really were asking if you can listen to the chord before you enter it, in that case, the answer is no. The player does need something to play.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Yes, I was asking if you can listen to the chord before you enter it. Sorry for not being clear about that and Thank you very much for your replies.

Actually, you were pretty clear. In fact, now that it's been absorbed by the right brain cells, I think it would be pretty nifty if iRealb sounded the chord when you selected it. That could work on both OSX, when you click from the pull-down menu, and on iOS, when you stop the spinning wheel. Not sure how easy it would be to program, but it's an idea. That would certainly be a big advantage on iOS, rather than having to save the changes before you're able to listen.