Thread: Changing Rhythms

Default Changing Rhythms

Does anyone know how to change rhythms from Swing to Latin and back again when using the player? I have a chart of Cheek to Cheek (see attached) where I want the rhythm to be Swing for the Intro and the A part, but then switch to Latin for B & C, then back to Swing at D. Is there a way to do that?

Read this:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-within-a-song

You may need to relabel the rehearsal marks to get what you want.
    Styles only change on the 1st and Final player repeats.
    On some charts, you may be able to extend the "form" using repeat brackets or perhaps a DC or DS instruction.

Except for the intro which plays in Latin-style, this chart will play as you request:

Cheek To Cheek swing-latin - Irving Berlin

You could get the "intro" to play in swing by changing the In-mark to B....but, it would always play at the start of the form on subesequent repeats (like a 4-bar interlude).

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-17-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks, Bob!

To anyone who is interested:
    I was asking how to do this the other day, and I finally figured out how to make the player do my bidding. This is set up to play the head with vocals once, then keys solo from the top through the 2nd ending, then guitar at the first part of the bridge, then the vocals come in at the second part of the bridge (Dance with me...), then the tune ends with the coda. Quite the challenge, but it works! Thanks again to Bob for pointing me in the right direction!

Happy you got it sorted.

Did you intend to share your (example) chart?
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-19-2016 at 05:14 PM.