Thread: How High The Moon - Morgan Lewis

Default How High The Moon - Morgan Lewis

How High The Moon (Ballad version)

Happened to catch "Good Night and Good Luck" again on TV the other night with its beautiful ballad version of How High The Moon over the closing credits. Dianne Reeves sings it in C, but here it is in the original (?) G. [Not a strict transcription of Matt Catingub's arrangement.] ALL the music on this soundtrack is worth repeated listenings.

How High The Moon (Ballad) - Morgan Lewis
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-09-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

How High The Moon ALT - Morgan Lewis

RealBook 1 version. The RB has the same turnaround in the first. I think the 1300 list may have a 3621 which I like but it's not the RB . I put the 3625 in the alt chords. I'm not sure if there is a RealBook 1 list anywhere so I'm not sure if this is redundant. How High The Moon RB 1 - Morgan Lewis
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Bobsax,

Yours are the same RB 1 changes posted above by CAJazz in 2015, which he labeled ALT.

Dunno where the 1300 list changes came from.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Didn't know where else to ask so forgive me if this isn't the right place. I'm looking for Dianne Reeve's "How High The Moon" arrangement with the cool Latin swing(?)-- I'll leave the youtube link. I haven't had any success and this irealpro leadsheet is the closest I've gotten. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEktqW7zxtk

The general guidelines for song requests are here
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-Request-Songs

Since a song discussion thread for HowHigh exists, here would be the right place.
    )BOB