Thread: Posts from tablet to forum: where do charts go? Advanced search does not find any!

Default Posts from tablet to forum: where do charts go? Advanced search does not find any!

Hi,

I am playing with iRealb editing to get used to it and to try to get a few things working. Quite a few things are working well using the iRealb Web editor (using Chrome within win7). My problem is posting tunes from the tablet to the forum.

Now I want to post a chart named, say, XY I created from my android tablet (Samsung) to the forum. To do this I do the following:

-click on the little 3-dots icon and choose "Post to Forums"
    -the tablet tells me XY is copied to clipboard and offers me 2 choices "Cancel" and "Forums"
    -I choose "Forums". The tablet then "thinks" for a while and then brings me back to the home page of the forum. Nothing else.

What is happening? Where is this XY chart in the forum? Should it be in the Sandbox? I cannot find it anywhere in the Forums even using advanced searches (using username, XY title, etc)

Thank you

Claude
    Last edited by clauded; 07-05-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clauded View Post
    -I email the modified XY from my Samsung into the Forum.
    Hello Claude, you do not email from your tablet to the forum, it requires a paste. In the same way as you have pasted the song code from the Forums box in the web editor, once you export to forums on your tablet, you open a post then touch to paste in the code then Post the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by clauded View Post
    brings me back to the home page of the forum. Nothing else.
    Claude
    Claude, yes this is what should happen, then you navigate to the sub-forum (sandbox or a specific genre), make a new post, title it, then paste (the clipboard containing the song) into the message area, then Post the reply.
    There is some information in the on-line manual:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/android-manual/

Hi Db,

Well, this did not occur to me. Silly me! Mind you I do not use tablets much and never had "pasted" text within one. So the "paste" reflex was not there.

By the way, the Android instruction manual was not so clear on this.

Doing the posting this way does indeed do the job. Thanks for this.

Claude