Thread: Pick-up beat/click count off

Default Pick-up beat/click count off

I would like to add 2-3 beats of pick-up chords (starting before the first full measure). I've been able to add the beats and chords, but my issue is related to the count-off clicker. If my piece starts with pick-ups (anancrusis chords) on beat 2, I would like to hear 1-2-3-4-1 (start here), but I just hear four clicks with the numbers 1-2-3-4, which is musically incorrect. My workaround has been to use N.C. to fill an entire measure, but it results in drum clicks (which I don't want) on the N.C. beats. The purpose of this is to help with melodies that start prior to the first full measure, and require a pitch reference to start.

Any other ways to get a correct count off starting on beat 2, 3, or 4? OR any way to get the drums off on N.C. beats? Maybe a 'No Drum' symbol...

Oh- I hope to use this with a HS Jazz Ensemble and a select HS Choir (heading in the direction of jazz) for explaining theory concepts, helping learn tunes, and other jazz related activities.

I tried to fool the player into giving me a 5-count (4+1) by inserting a 5/4 intro bar. Won't work if the measure is empty.
    So, the count-in feature doesn't understand pick-up notes.

The ability to add rests has been talked about but not implemented (yet). There is no way I know at this time to silence the drums just for a measure or two though they can be turned off for the whole song using the mixer.

Some users, in order to get both a tempo AND a pitch reference, will start the player (no audible count-in) at the last four measures (as an intro).

This classic tune wants a 1-2-3-4-1 count-in. I copied the last 4 bars to the top as an intro just as an example.

Autumn Leaves (Em) 303 rh Em 1 - Joseph Kosma
    )BOB

I am presuming also that setting the count to two measures does not help your problem for some reason?
    (Tap to toggle for 1 or 2 bar count.)