Thread: online instruction manual not opening

Default online instruction manual not opening

Hi,

I want to find how to merge/move playlists. Since the iRealb user interface is somewhat non existent, I do not seem to be able to do this by "playing" with the app. Therefore,I want to read an instruction manual. Now, on 3 different computers (PC (win7, chrome, IE), android tablet and iPad) the manuals do not open when I click on a topic. Nothing happens. Anybody has had this problem? I contacted iRealB and am waiting for a reply.

Cheers

Claude

The only way I know to "merge" playlists is to step through the shorter list one song at a time, adding each one to the other list. Then edit/re-order the combined list.
    What do you mean by "move" playlist ? You can send a list to another device the same way you send a song.

I just checked the irb android manual at http://irealb.com , selected support from the menu and it displayed as expected on my iPad.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-21-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clauded View Post
    I want to find how to merge/move playlists.
    Hello Claude, you should be able to merge playlists using the on-line web editor on your PC:
    http://www.irealb.com/editor/
    Upload each playlist to the forum Sandbox (using "Post to forums.") Once posted, right-click the playlist name in your post, Copy link, then paste into the Import box in the web editor, then click Import button. Do the same for the other playlists.
    Hopefully it will work for you (its purpose is mainly for song input and editing.)

Also the Mac version of iReal b will do this (select all the songs within one playlist and drag to another.)
    (I mention this for others that might be reading this post.)

Currently there is no merge in iOS (v4.6) nor Android (v2.2) versions of iReal b.

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated. Now two things. Re pdxjazz reply and opening online manuals, it is really quite bizarre that I can't. I am quite good with computers, have been dealing with them for decades and hence find myself very puzzled with this. But nothing I seem to be able to do will opening those manuals. It is a bit annoying since the rather basic iRealb user interface is not particularly intuitive (eventhough the app is great). I am also very new to iRealb (just a few days). Regarding using the online iRealb editor, thanks to admin for pointing this to me. I had not found it mentioned so far and so was not aware of its existence. I will try to use it as suggested by the admin angel;-)

...Re pdxjazz reply and opening online manuals, it is really quite bizarre that I can't...
    You could try a different browser. Also you will see arrows followed by each topic name, try clicking on the arrow if you have been clicking on the title - it should not matter, but might work.

Hi again,

Ok, did a bit of work on this and a few things were sorted out. Also have managed to finally be able to read the instruction manuals. There remains the issue that I'd love iRealb to have a better filing system, i.e. be able to create playlists of various type (exercise, bebop, hardbop, etc) and transfer relevant tunes into those folders/playlist. Of course, nothing is perfect!!! ;-)

Thank you.

Claude

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Hello Claude, you should be able to merge playlists using the on-line web editor on your PC:
    http://www.irealb.com/editor/
    Upload each playlist to the forum Sandbox (using "Post to forums.") Once posted, right-click the playlist name in your post, Copy link, then paste into the Import box in the web editor, then click Import button. Do the same for the other playlists.
    Hopefully it will work for you (its purpose is mainly for song input and editing.)

Also the Mac version of iReal b will do this (select all the songs within one playlist and drag to another.)
    (I mention this for others that might be reading this post.)

Currently there is no merge in iOS (v4.6) nor Android (v2.2) versions of iReal b.
    Last edited by clauded; 07-05-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: managed to sort out a few things on my own

... I cannot see how to post this score. The editor does not offer any "post to forum".
    There is a box at the right called Forums. If you click on any of the question marks ? they will give you information on what to do.
    You can also use the Email box contents to email the song or playlist directly to your device from your computer.

Also what is this forum "Sandbox"?
    It is a user area for temporarily testing how to upload to forums, or transferring songs to yourself or others (if you have problems emailing directly to them.) We delete all posts there from time to time. If you want to upload songs that are not at the forum for any other users to download, use the other forums under the appropriate category for that song (not the Sandbox.)

... editing anything seems very painful at least for the android version (have no Apple iOS product).
    Tablets are easier to input and edit songs as they have more room for the buttons without scrolling. The small screen sizes (whether iPhone, iPod touch or small android phones) provide all the same functions for editing however, but everything has to fit into its size. You should be able to see some tablet screenshots in the Play store.

Default online instruction manual not opening

Helpful information:
    https://irealpro.com/support/
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-29-2018 at 02:52 PM.