Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blues Style?? where ??

Default Blues Style?? where ??

Hi
    First of all...I'm a new user....so thanks for your patience.

In the IPAD version, when I go to the 'info' icon at the top and put in the Title, Composer, Style, and Key Signature....I'm baffled at the "STYLE" because in the options on my iPAD it gives me "BLUES"...however, there is no "BLUES" setting in any available play back style, that I can find.

I've bought and added the JAZZ styles group. I thought "Blues" might be in the POP Styles Pack, but going by the sample video it's not there either....

Can anyone help??

ALSO...where is Waltz? and Gypsy Waltz?? If I pick Gypsy Waltz, in the edit mode for info/ Style...then go to play the song I've made, it only will play the "Jazz-Gypsy Jazz" setting....and not a "Gypsy Waltz"....

OK...I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack...so can someone set me straight??? what am I missing??

Thanks
    Debi

It really is a bit confusing. If you open "Edit/Info/Style" it brings up a full list of styles from all the files in your Song list. The problem is, with "Custom" a style can be named anything: "New Grass", "Brazillian", "Hoochie Coochie", whatever. Many settings have been lost on older files since, until recently, the setting were not transferred during download, and the style name you see won't make any sense. But if you press Play instead of Edit, it will show you the "legitimate" style name. Press that and you can scroll to pick what you want from the "real" list of available styles, then play around with tempos and/or time signatures for something closer to what you want. Hope this helps.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thanks Dale.
    Since the google forums search doesn't work any more and the built in forum search is practically useless, I couldn't quickly find this previously posted answer:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...he-song-player

I wish a way could be found to restore google's access to our archives!
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    ...I wish a way could be found to restore google's access to our archives...
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the search engines will crawl the reconstructed Forum eventually, and locate our missing treasures.

Quote Originally Posted by DebiScott View Post
    ...I'm a new user...
    P.S. Welcome to the Forum.
    Last edited by DaleMac; 06-21-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DebiScott View Post
    ...I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack...so can someone set me straight??? what am I missing??
    Hello Debi, it is not you, it can be confusing
    When you make a new song or edit in Info for a song that has not previously had a playback style stored (player window opened, style selected, played) then it will attempt to load a playback style based on the words you use in Info. For example typing in 'Funk' the Pop-Funk style is loaded; or Bossa then a bossa style is chosen initially. As other posts have indicated, you can then change playback style to anything else available (and it will be remembered - if the song is in a playlist, that same song will remember any other playback style in different playlist or in the general Song's index.)

UPDATE

iReal Pro 8 is finally here and it's a huge update for iOS, Mac and Android.
    - 12 new Blues accompaniment styles available as a one-time In-App purchase.
    )BOB

Are there music sheets included with the new Blues Styles? Thanks in advance.

Style packs do not include any songs.
    A style pack includes a number of play-along accompaniments.
    The Blues Styles will appear in your playback style list under Blues.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone Styles.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	455

Thank you Niki.

I'm new to iRealpro and I want the music sheets (is this the same as "songs"?), to play along with. Otherwise I'm not sure what good I did by buying the Blues Style pack.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.