Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exporting audio as WAV

Default Exporting audio as WAV

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I'm trying to export audio from IReal B to my hard drive as a WAV file. This can be done, right? Can anyone tell me how this is done?

I'm not sure what your exact problem is;
    In the player window is the Export button. Once rendered there are options of what to do with the .wav file. Save to disk saves to irealb documents folder, you see this in iTunes when connected to your computer.
    Does this help Brian?

It sounds like you're working on a Mac OS X? I'm using IOS on my IPhone. Is that the issue? Or should I be able to do this on my IPhone?

Nevermind, I see it now! Thank you!

New problems. Once I exported it as WAV, I was given the options "Save to disk," "Copy to clipboard" and one other one, I think, and I accidentally clicked off of that screen and can't figure out how to retrieve the file, now. Very frustrated. It's got to be there somewhere. It took ten minutres to download it. Is it gone?

If you tapped outside the window with the options in, you would have cancelled the request. This is a normal iOS procedure. The file should have been discarded.

Some information on transferring Saved files to your computer is here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094
    There is a section on copying from iOS to computer.

I presume you mean for the song to be 10 minutes long (for students' practice or similar?)
    Yes, you would have to render the file again.
    Because you are not sure of this procedure, I would choose a short song (or make up a few measures), set to 1 chorus and fast bpm, render as a .wav. Export the audio file (Save to disk) and check you can copy it to your computer. Once you know what you are doing, it will be easier to repeat with a real file.

Thank you very much for your help, DFlat. I've got it all worked out and am getting along quite nicely with it now!

DFlat (or anyone else who might be able to offer help) I have new issues again! They seem to be related to one of my previous posts, though.

I've been exporting several wave files from iReal to my computer with great success. Each time I get the files on the my hard drive through "filesharing" in iTunes, I delete them from iTunes, thinking that this will keep my storage space freed up on my phone. It appears, though, that something is still being stored somewhere because my iPhone storage got maxed out at some point throughout this process. I only have a handful of playlists stored in my iReal, totaling 1,500 songs and yet it shows 7.5 gigs of documents and data taking up space on my phone. Does this sound right? It seems that something is being stored on my phone, taking up all this space, as I'm going through the process of exporting the sound files. As I mentioned, I'm deleting them from iTunes each time I transfer them to my computer. Are there hidden files somewhere that I need to get rid of? Does 1,500 songs taking up 7.5 gigs of space sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHayesMusic View Post
    Thank you very much for your help ...
    Glad you have it all working, thanks for letting us know.

Ref:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-storage-space

Hi Dflat,
    Once you have copied the wave files from your IOS device, how do you delete them? I've searched and searched for an answer in the manual and can't find one. I've looked at every setting in iTunes and can't find a way to delete them from my iPod. I can't find anything in iRealb itself to delete the wave files. Hope you can help.
    Lisa.