Thread: posting "new" songs - which already exist in the forum.

Default posting "new" songs - which already exist in the forum.

It seems that there are quite a few versions of the same songs sporadically appearing on the forum. Its definitely worth your while searching for the song before spending your time creating another version. If you feel your version is better than the existing one I suggest you add it as a reply with a polite explanation of why you are posting another version. Have a look at Brown sugar by rolling stones to see what I mean.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm afraid the major issue is that, more often than not, the Forum's Search function does a very poor job of helping new members (and old ones) navigate to specific titles. I used to suggest folks use Google's site search function. Unfortunately, after iRealb's recent server upgrade, that frequently goes to the "404 Error" page now. This is a serious and ongoing problem.

Nonetheless, I encourage everyone posting a song (new or not) make mention of where they got their information - whether it's from an old fake book, or from a particular recording, or even if it's just "the way I've always played it".

But until searching the Forum is a more idiot-proof, I expect we'll be seeing many more duplicates in the future.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

This is quite an old thread but since it was started the search option has greatly improved. Just click on the magify glass and enter the name of the song you are looking for.

Helpful info about searching for and posting songs and lists here:

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-Request-Songs

and

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ring-Playlists

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-06-2017 at 11:02 PM.