Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problems with snow-leopard on an older macbook

Default problems with snow-leopard on an older macbook

There is a 5 to 10 second lag when starting the play-along with my black 2007 top of the line macbook running snow-leopard .
    Also on occasion the tempo slider will get stuck and often after that I get a crash.

Any issues with Snow Leopard and the latest iRealb ?

Are you using any audio interface?
    So far we haven't had any issues.

I have the macbook plugged into a little amp through the audio mini jack.

I noticed that the Times function was set on 333 instead of 33. I'm not sure how that happened.
    Maybe this relates to the slow start spinning gear?
    Does this function work with a mouse/slider like the tempo function or do you have to just hold the arrows?

I thought it might have to do with the fact that I was using my own exercise songs but I just tried using the slider on one of the original songs from the program and the song started but the window disappeared.
    I have to force quit and restart.

This seems to happen if you press the space bar to play the song with the slider still visible.
    If I click anywhere to make the slider disappear then it starts okay.
    Last edited by Bobsax; 06-04-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    I noticed that the Times function was set on 333 instead of 33. I'm not sure how that happened.
    Maybe this relates to the slow start spinning gear?
    there was a bug (if I remember correctly) where you could have a huge number in the Times (chorus repeats) setting. The song could have been stored with that number; it will remember the last number you set it to, so once you have set it correctly it should remain there.
    v2.8 is the current version and maximum repeats is 50.
    It has to calculate what to play (as it is slightly random backing so not the same each time you press Play.) If it was set to a large number it would take a while before starting to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Does this function work with a mouse/slider like the tempo function or do you have to just hold the arrows?
    hold the mouse on the appropriate arrow

The slow start spinning wheel is definitely related to the Times counter.
    The question is "how the numbers got so big"? 333 instead of 33. Many of my charts seem to have this. (I hadn't noticed because there is only room for 2 digits.)
    I am using 2.8 and I think most of these charts were written with it.
    Perhaps when pressing the arrow key a certain way it will add a digit or could it be from the editing process? Is there any way to set the Times Counter in the edit process?

I write charts on many devices also , so perhaps it happened in the transfer process.

Thank you Bob for your feedback!
    We fixed the issue.

See what happens when you open this file.
    The playcount was at 10 but was really 100. I spent a min rewinding it and it went back to 99 after 1 again.

1 through 7- 0ne bar each - bobsax

Just to let you know... The file I downloaded was set to repeat 107 times. I backed it down to 75 or so, then was able to increase the repeats with no apparent limit. Then I backed it down to 1, and was only able to set it for 50 repeats max. By the way, I did notice that the repeat setting is the last number in the "url=irealb" code. So I guess the limit can be gotten around just by changing that number.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm running iRealb v2.8 (3951) on OSX 10.7.5 - I don't remember which jungle cat that is...
    Last edited by DaleMac; 06-07-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thanks DaleMac
    I guess I'll have to post to the sandbox then change the number and re-download.??
    This may not be any faster then holding the arrow button down for a minute to reduce the play count .

The reason for these high numbers is still a mystery but today I was doing a coda on Route 66 and ran into a space issue.
    I had N.C. on beat one of the last bar and put a F9#11 on beat four. Even with a skinny chord the 11 couldn't be seen and most importantly (maybe) I forgot to put a bar line at the end.
    I also think I put a fermatta on beat 4 but it didn't show up after saving and closing so maybe I forgot it??
    What I got was another 3 digit play count after I saved and closed.

This file has the corrected play count I think?
    Please let me know if it doesn't?

Bob's Route 66 - Bobby Troup
    Last edited by Bobsax; 06-10-2013 at 03:57 PM.