Thread: Don't Let It Go To Your Head - Henry Hadamik-Frank LaVere-Bob Nast (Nat Cole)

Default Don't Let It Go To Your Head - Henry Hadamik-Frank LaVere-Bob Nast (Nat Cole)

Hey guys, this is my first contribution to the forum. Hope you enjoy! Let me know how I did

Don't Let It Go To Your Head - Henry Hadamik, Frank LaVere and Bob Nast (edit)

As recorded by Nat Cole (edit)
    Last edited by Jazzmeister; 05-31-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Incorrect info

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmeister View Post
    Let me know how I did
    Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the post. Since you asked...

This song was written by Henry Hadamik, Frank LaVere and Bob Nast, so those names should appear in the "Composer" field. (Since iRealb doesn't include the words, some would argue leaving off lyricists' names, but I think that's kinda persnickety.) When you post, you can say you got the changes from a particular artist's recording (or some other source) and/or mention if you made any "judgement calls" in places.

Your file plays fine. But, for reading purposes, charts should include all the usual stuff: time signature, lettered sections seperated by double-bars, bold double-bar at the end, etc. Personally, I think G-7 rather than Gm7, and Eb^ rather than Eb^7, make for a cleaner-looking chart, but that's just me.

Let me also say thanks for hipping me to this tune. Hadn't heard it before. You can't go wrong with Nat King Cole - pretty much anything he did is worth checking out. Hope you'll be contributing more in the future.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the post. Since you asked...

This song was written by Henry Hadamik, Frank LaVere and Bob Nast, so those names should appear in the "Composer" field. (Since iRealb doesn't include the words, some would argue leaving off lyricists' names, but I think that's kinda persnickety.) When you post, you can say you got the changes from a particular artist's recording (or some other source) and/or mention if you made any "judgement calls" in places.

Your file plays fine. But, for reading purposes, charts should include all the usual stuff: time signature, lettered sections seperated by double-bars, bold double-bar at the end, etc. Personally, I think G-7 rather than Gm7, and Eb^ rather than Eb^7, make for a cleaner-looking chart, but that's just me.

Let me also say thanks for hipping me to this tune. Hadn't heard it before. You can't go wrong with Nat King Cole - pretty much anything he did is worth checking out. Hope you'll be contributing more in the future.
    Well, thanks for the detailed critique! I appreciate the suggestions...I'll learn from them and clean things up next time. Rookie mistakes, I guess. Can I change these things and edit the link, or is it too late?

Under your post you can click Edit Post and substitute the new file code. And there will be a text field that says Reason for Editing and you can say "fixed chart" or something. I've had to do this myself on occasion, so it's not just a "rookie mistake"
    Last edited by DaleMac; 05-31-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Oops, never mind. I see you did it already! haha
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.