Thread: Android and Mac

Question Android and Mac

I am currently a very happy iRealb Android user, and I am thinking about also purchasing the iRealb for my Mac because I'm so used to working on computers (not tablets).

The portability of the Android version is wonderful; I've taken it with me to gigs. I'm curious: Does anybody have both iRealb for a tablet and for a laptop computer? What does the computer version include that the tablet version doesn't have?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ex1895; 05-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.

I'd personally recommend it if you plan on doing much editing or composing. I got the iOS app for my iPod Touch, and sprung for the OSX program after just a couple days. It was twenty bucks well spent, just because it's infinitely faster for me to work with a real keyboard, mouse and monitor. I have an iMac rather than a laptop, but I'm guessing that would still be much easier than editing on a tablet.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thanks for your feedback. I will splurge!

By the way, I have a MacBook computer and a Windows computer; I believe iRealb is available for Mac, but not for Windows.

I think you'll be glad you got the OSX version. On your laptop you can easily navigate and edit charts using return, delete, space, directional arrows, etc. I would miss my mouse for some other functions, just because I'm more accustomed to using one. But you're correct, iRealb only comes in iOS, Android and OSX versions.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

I find organizing playlists very quick (drag and drop) and store playlists and backups directly into the Mac hard drive (dropbox etc. also.)

Is it possible to edit Ireal B charts on my desktop? Trying to write and edit charts on my 7 in tablet is near impossible.

Yes. Easy-peasy on macOSX with app installed. Possible on any platform with the web editor.
    )BOB

I just sprang for both the Android (smart phone) version and the Mac version. I figured out how to import pre-made Jazz standards with the Android version but can someone tell me how to do the same thing in the Mac version? I'm not seeing how. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KazooPicker View Post
    I just sprang for both the Android (smart phone) version and the Mac version. I figured out how to import pre-made Jazz standards with the Android version but can someone tell me how to do the same thing in the Mac version? I'm not seeing how. Thanks.
    If you have iRealb installed on your Mac, just click on the song link(s) posted in the Forum. This should automatically download the file(s) and open the program on your computer. If it doesn't work, describe what's happening and one of the admin's can help you locate the problem.