Thread: Restoring User Files from email

Default Restoring User Files from email

Hello,
    Thank you for this incredible app. Wondering something: I've downloaded many user created songs here and would like to transfer them to my new iPad. I did the back-up via email, but there doesn't seem to be a way to re-download these files from the email. In the mail program of the iPad the email comes up blank, and when I attempted to gain access directly through the web browser the only option is to copy the title (User songs backup (533 Songs) 7/17/10,) but it's a name only, no embedded link...

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bjgrondell View Post
    ... would like to transfer them to my new iPad. I did the back-up via email, but there doesn't seem to be a way to re-download these files from the email. In the mail program of the iPad the email comes up blank, and when I attempted to gain access directly through the web browser the only option is to copy the title (User songs backup (533 Songs) 7/17/10,) but it's a name only, no embedded link...
    Hi Brian, I am not sure what you are doing wrong.
    I presume you have iPhone/iPod touch and now the iPad?
    The backup email you create inside iReal book on the iPhone should work - Settings>Backup .... send email to the email account active on your iPad.
    On the iPad, collect email, tap on the "User songs (533 songs) ...." iReal book on the iPad should open and ask if you want to add the songs to the library.

I suspect the data is being corrupted by the email account/ISP or if you are sending the stored backup from your computer to the iPad (rather than directly between devices), that the email app. might be changing the data in some way. There also have been a few reported instances of gmail accounts not carrying the data intact. Try a different email account if you have one, and/or sending directly between your two devices without a computer in-between.

If you have success or need more information, post back to us. Thanks.

What is the sens of the "% symbol". I m stupid, i know...

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    What is the sens of the "% symbol".
    Do you mean this? (as seen in our Web editor for example)
    We use it for the repeat symbol (meaning repeat what was in the previous bar) so in the attachment, you play two bars of Cmaj7.