Thread: iReal b drums as backingtracks on gigs

Default iReal b drums as backingtracks on gigs

Hi,

It got what I thought was a brilliant idea; not to hire a drummer on an upcoming gig, and use the drums on iReal b as backingtracks instead. Is there anyone here who have "live"-experience with the iReal b that way? I would be grateful for any advice.

One of my concerns is the sound-quality of the drum-stuff... another is that they may be too monotonous. Of course a real drummer is the best, but the gig doesn't exactly "invite" to hire full trio, so I guess in this case it'll be computer-drums or no drums at all.

If any of you have successful experience with other drumloop / drum-apps for iPhone or iPad as backingtracks (drums) in live-settings, please share =)

thanks

- augh
    Last edited by aughii; 05-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.

I think the idea of real drums would be a great addition iRea Pro. Our band use Ireal Pro for our gigs around town, but the drum sets that Ireal Pro offer are very dull and with no energy. If you have discovered a drum kit or drum programming that is available to use with real pro, please let me know. Thanks

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by tracy View Post
    I think the idea of real drums would be a great addition iRea Pro. Our band use Ireal Pro for our gigs around town, but the drum sets that Ireal Pro offer are very dull and with no energy. If you have discovered a drum kit or drum programming that is available to use with real pro, please let me know. Thanks

Tracy
    There is no (midi) sync output from iReal Pro currently so assuming you are using the iReal Pro player (for the other instruments) it would be difficult to integrate both at the same time. You can export the midi file for a song and use a midi player (with better drum samples) but the midi notes we use are internally mapping to our sounds so are not the standard mappings, so they will need to be re-mapped.
    Other members here might post possible solutions for you.
    If you only need drums themselves, then you might be able to find a drum player app. Perhaps this is what you would like suggestions for?