Thread: Turn off count in

Default Turn off count in

Is there any way to turn off the count in and let playback start right away?

You can make the count-in silent by turning off the count-in volume on the count-in control screen (accessed from the tempo control screen, tap the metronome icon upper-left). You can choose a 0, 1 or 2 bar count.
    You can alselect "Auto" which will count 1 bar for slower tempos, 2 bars for faster tempos.

irRp playbacks from the app can't start instantly because the app needs some time to construct a new track for the song each time.

If you export the audio to another device, you could trigger it to start instantly. You could also combine multiple songs into a single track to play one right after another.

You could also start a song playing, and immediately pause it after the count-in. It would then start to play again immediately when you touch play.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-18-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    the app needs some time to construct a new track
    And horn players need some time to inhale
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thanks for answering so quick. I would like that option when I'm practicing little bits of songs over and over, but if it's not possible then so be it. Otherwise it's a great app!

Quote Originally Posted by Wwouterr View Post
    I would like that option when I'm practicing little bits of songs over and over
    While a little time is needed to construct a new track when first starting, by using the loop feature, the selected measures will play over and over -- no wait except the first start. Just tap and hold a bar, then drag to select bars to loop.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-18-2017 at 03:12 PM.

I'm just starting with iReal Pro but since I already have some experience in programming similar systems, what I do to work around this limitation in a live performance situation to turn off count-in sound, limit the count-in to miimum (1 measure) and start the song with a 4 measure intro that don't necessarily require me to play at the beginning of the song, that will sound more professional than having the count-in sound or rushing a melody that maybe start in the measure before. Another good idea that works great with bossa novas and other latin rhythms is to start the song with 4 or 8 measures of rhythm only without chords (N.C.). I hope you find this useful.

Default Play witout counting

La musica puede sonar cuando pones el play . Sin conteo ni linias intermitentes?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-09-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread