Thread: Problem playing after (first) install

Exclamation Problem playing after (first) install

Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me out here:

I've installed iReal b on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.3) and imported 2111 songs before even trying to play any song. Now that I try to play a song, it won't start. Just a grey block on the chords (I guess for the count in), and then nothing. No count in, no sound, everything back to when the application started.

Restarted the application, restarted the macbook.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Don't get too excited cuz I have no idea how to help, but I have the same problem except I didn't import any songs, this just start happening randomly. The audio cuts out after one or two counts, I've restarted the program and the computer and even deleted the program and re-downloaded it from the app store cloud. Help would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by vrep View Post
    Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me out here:

I've installed iReal b on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.3) and imported 2111 songs before even trying to play any song. Now that I try to play a song, it won't start. Just a grey block on the chords (I guess for the count in), and then nothing. No count in, no sound, everything back to when the application started.

Restarted the application, restarted the macbook.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.
    Hi,
    Are you using any audio interface?

Idk about vrep, but i'm not. i was running through some external speakers, then tried again just now going through the built in computer speakers and it still just gives me one count for slow tempos, 2 above 150 or so and then the audio cuts out

Quote Originally Posted by d52 View Post
    Idk about vrep, but i'm not. i was running through some external speakers, then tried again just now going through the built in computer speakers and it still just gives me one count for slow tempos, 2 above 150 or so and then the audio cuts out
    Vrep had an issue with his audio interface because of Apple's sandboxing system but it's sorted out.
    Which version of iReal b do you have d52?

I've got version 2.8 for mac, and this issue didn't turn up until a good while after I updated it

I'd really appreciate a reply sooner rather than later, my irealb hasn't worked for about a week now and, given it's generally part of my daily practice routine, I'm getting a little frustrated

Have you tried to reset your preferences in iReal b/Preferences? Try to click on Default.
    Let me know if it solved the problem.

and of course it was that easy...thanks so much! I really appreciate it.