Thread: Single measure intro

Default Single measure intro

Hi folks:

I've inserted a single measure on a 12 bar blues score I'm trying to put in my playlist on my iPhone.

I have a single open bar on that measure, 4/4, and then the next bar, I have a double open.

In the first bar, there is no chord, in the second bar, the actual start of the 12 measure blues, starts with the first chord.

When I play the song, it skips the first bar, jumps straight to the second.

What I want it to do is to drum beat the first measure, and then start in on the rest of the tune.

in my piano blues instruction book, it has a single bar melodic intro with no chords, and I want iRealB to start there so I can do the intro measure.

How can I achieve this?

The best way to receive help with a chart is to post it in the sandbox.

That said, measures with only N.C. (no chord) in them are interpreted by the player as drums only.
    The player ignores and skips blank measures.
    If the intro is labeled "In" (or "V" verse) and the song starts at "A", the player will return to A and skip the In or V section for player repeats.
    To keep your chart easy to follow, you'll probably want to enter your 1-bar intro at the beginning of a new system
    (16-space line) inserted at the top of your chart instead of just stuffing an extra measure in at the start.
    Like this:
    Blues - Jazz 1 - Exercise
    I decided to use "B" instead of "A" so the player would play the B-style variation as it might work better for you.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-28-2013 at 08:34 PM.