Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: synching two or more tablets? (Android sync)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default synching two or more tablets? (Android sync)

I frequently play with other people using tablets on their music stands. Is there anyway to synch a song that we are playing between all the tablets via bluetooth or some other tech?

Wouldn't it be cool if the cursor on all the tablets was on the same measure?

Warren

Currently there is no syncing feature as you describe in iReal b.
    Some bands use one tablet and HDMI (or whatever) video output to a monitor which everyone can see - although this does not work if different transposing instruments are being used

another question about synching (since my search didn't turn up anything else on this) :
    how can you synch 2 android devices simply to have the same information on each? I use my phone on the bandstand but the tablet at home (better for editing with the larger screen & keyboard) so I'd like to have the same lists and same songs on them (but not necessarily playing the same song in real time) . Thanks for your help

Decide which device will have the ”master list" (probably the tablet since you use that for editing)
    1. Make a back-up (settings>backup) for each device, just to be safe, and email them to yourself. Be sure you know which is which.
    2. On your "slave" device, in the iRp app, select: settings>erase all content and settings.
    3. Load the email backup from from your "master" device on your "slave" device.
    4. Repeat to update as desired.

If your devices have different songs/versions that you wish to combine into a single index, load the "slave's" backup into the "master" unit first. Only songs that are different in some way from songs already in your "master" index should be added. Review/correct the master index and then execute the above steps to "clone" the devices.

Regarding your earlier question: (edit: oops, I think the AirTurn function may only be currently available for iOS)
    Something to try might be the AirTurn function. Using an AirTurn pedal or by using the left/right, up/down keys on a Bluetooth keyboard that's paired with the devices you can turn pages forward/back and start/stop the player(s).
    Player settings would need to be the same.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-25-2014 at 04:11 PM.

thank you pdxdjazz, excellent solution as it is also backs everything up. do the lists transfer as well as the songs themselves ? If I have a different version of a list (same name and use on both devices) on both devices will the contents merge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djudy View Post
    thank you pdxdjazz, excellent solution as it is also backs everything up. do the lists transfer as well as the songs themselves ? If I have a different version of a list (same name and use on both devices) on both devices will the contents merge ?
    Playlists as well as the main song index are included in the backup
    Differently titled lists will be imported... IRp thinks it's a different list (even if it contains the same songs that are in another list) and should import. I don't know if playlists that are different, but have the same title will automatically be retitled with a number. I haven't tried it yet. The app won't allow you to start/build a "new" list with an already in-use title....
    The songs, if identical should not be duplicated (ie <song title> 1 etc.) in your main list. If not identical they will import as re-titled duplicates.
    )BOB

To Djudy, you have an iPhone and iPad, are both Androids?? I now have my laptop PC with Bluestacks emulating Android. Backing up my iRealPro setlists makes a folder in my GoogleDrive which later I can use to retrieve that same backup into iRp on my new Android tablet. So basically that GoogleDrive is the storage folder for exchanging between two or more Android devices. I expect with iPads/pods/phones you do so over the iCloud.
    As to your pageturner device, my soloist used a Bluetooth connected footpedal on his iPad with two foot operated buttons to forward and backward through a playlist. I don't know from personal experience if it also works for Android. Hope this helps some. Btw, I'm typing this post on my Windows 8 phone. . .
    cheers, keep swinging . .

We are working on sync for iReal Pro. Please answer a simple one question survey to help us make the right choices:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XQP6WX2
    Thank you!

Default sync

I have read some threads from previous years saying there is no sync on Android. Is that still true? What is the recommended way to sync on Android now?

Is there any chance the app could allow easy export/import through e.g. google drive in lieu of a full sync?

C.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-13-2022 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ctrjazz View Post
    I have read some threads from previous years saying there is no sync on Android. Is that still true? What is the recommended way to sync on Android now? Is there any chance the app could allow easy export/import through e.g. google drive in lieu of a full sync?
    Sorry no sync for Android. You can either share individual songs or playlists to the other Android device, or if there is a substantial change between them, create a backup file (Settings>Backup) and on the receiving device, Erase all content and settings (in Settings or More window in older versions of iReal Pro) then import the backup.
    You can use Drive to save to or import from (Open with...)

https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...ive/?p=android