Thread: Leaving On A Jet Plane - John Denver

Default Leaving On A Jet Plane - John Denver

I cannot believe I'm just now discovering Lisa Ono! If you're not hip to this Brazilian/Japanese artist, go to YouTube immediately. After hearing her, you'll want to do every song as an acoustic bossa nova. This isn't one of her unique transformations, but it's how I imagine she might do it.

Leaving On A Jet Plane (C) - John Denver
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-11-2015 at 03:35 AM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Default Lisa Ono

Lisa is absolutely Ono! Check out a similarly translucent and lovely voice, the Brazilian-oriented Paula Morelenbaum.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    I cannot believe I'm just now discovering Lisa Ono! If you're not hip to this Brazilian/Japanese artist, go to YouTube immediately. After hearing her, you'll want to do every song as an acoustic bossa nova. This isn't one of her unique transformations, but it's how I imagine she might do it.

Leaving On A Jet Plane (C) - John Denver
    Last edited by Joel Gold; 06-15-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks, Joel. Will do.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

And Brazilian pianist/singer Eliane Elias [eh-lee-AH-neh eh-LEE-ahs] is yet another example of how life's too short to waste on overrated media darlings like Diana Krall.
    ...pardon my commentary