Thread: swapping with other app

Default swapping with other app

Hello,
    To be able to read music score and using iRealb I used Mobilesheets. To easily (and fast) swap between both apps I used Virtual Button Bar.... Until the latest iRealb update. When its playing music and I'm in Mobilesheets, when swapping back to iRealb the music stops and the songlist is shown. I understand you.re not going to change this new behaviour just for me, but is there a chance I can get the penultimate version somewhere again??
    Many thanks in advance,
    daLooney

Multitasking works in the latest iReal b 2.0 (I just tried on a couple of my devices)
    What's your device and what Android OS do you have?
    You cannot rotate the tablet while you are switching between apps.

Thanks for your quick response. I've got a galaxy tab 10.1 with ICS. That's not the issue. Via the home button I can multitask. However then there is a few seconds delay when swapping. That's why I was happy with Virtual Button Bar (VBB). Reading the score in Mobilesheets I could easily swap back to iRealb within a second.This is still working, but instead of going back to the chord scheme in iRealb, the songlist is displayed. When swapping using the homebutton this is not the case. So it's not reproducable without VBB. One may conclude then that VBB is the problem, but my setup was working for months (practising each day) until the latest iRealb update. I may be the only one in the world using iRealb in conjunction with a score app, so I'm not really asking to change the behaviour back to as it was, more if I can use the elder version. Many thanks again,
    daL
    Edit: I've found a solution I can live with, simply using Android's task manager. VBB shows a tiny iRealB icon on top of for example MobileSheets, that made it very attractive. Task manager is just one click more, but is as fast as VBB, so no problem. (Why didn't I use task manager before? I was using the home button to swap ...) Cheers!
    Last edited by daLooney; 02-21-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daLooney View Post
    ...I've found a solution I can live with, simply using Android's task manager.
    There will be others that use MobileSheets (I do too) so thanks for your original query and reporting back with your success.

Hi,am I right in thinking you can run i realb as well as anotherdevice. I have notation saved on a micro sd card.can i open and run both at the same time. On i realb i would be using backing tracks and reading notation from sd card.regards h brown.

Quote Originally Posted by henryb View Post
    Hi,am I right in thinking you can run i realb as well as anotherdevice. I have notation saved on a micro sd card.can i open and run both at the same time. On i realb i would be using backing tracks and reading notation from sd card.regards h brown.
    Do you mean you want iReal b on one device, and you want to view the notation on another device (presumably in a different app?) - yes. (iReal b does not import notation, PDF, jpg etc. files currently.) The apps will not be synced, so you will have to choose the song on both devices before being ready to play.

However you might be able to use just one tablet - iReal b running in the background, use MobileSheets to view your notation (PDF, jpg, png etc.)

Have I answered your question?

I think I uderstand your reply. I will be using one tablet. Can you tell me more about Mobilesheets, I have not heard of this before. Thanks for your patience. Regards ....henry.

Quote Originally Posted by henryb View Post
    Can you tell me more about Mobilesheets,
    Hello Henry,
    http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/about.html
    - it is designed for musicians for displaying PDF, jpgs, png etc. of your lyrics, chord charts, notation (melody or practice exercises) or whatever you need. iReal b can play in the background, so you use MobileSheets to view your music (assuming you want to view something other than the iReal b chart itself.)
    MobileSheets has annotations (you can highlight a D.C. or repeats or difficult passages or add markings like cresc. etc.) and with set lists, you can select some charts for a concert just as you do with playlists in iReal b.

Find the music in MobileSheets, change to iReal b, find the same song (check key, set tempo, style) press Play, change back to MobileSheets during the count; you will hear iReal b backing and you can view, turn pages etc. in MobileSheets.

(if you have limited room on you internal sd card memory, set MobileSheets to store the song files in your external sd card.)
    I hope this all helps.

I'm extremely happy with the latest Android version (2.2). Virtual button bar (and probably similar tools) is working again! This makes swapping with any other app (like Mobilesheets) piece of cake. Thanks for the upgrade. For me this is the biggest improvement. Keep up the good work! Cheers daLooney
    Edit: after playing a little longer with the new version I discovered one little inconvenience:
    When playing in PORTRAIT mode and swapping to another app and back, the music continues playing, but the chords are no longer visible. They appear to reappear after manually rotating the tablet 45 degrees (landscape) and back (portrait), which is not an option.
    In LANDSCAPE mode there is no issue at all. When swapping to another app and back, the music keeps playing and the notes stay visible.
    Last edited by daLooney; 06-16-2013 at 01:58 AM.