Thread: B3 Masters and Nashville numbers

Default B3 Masters and Nashville numbers

Hi all, newbie here.

Are there any songs by Jimmy Smith, Dr. Lonnie Smith and other B3 masters in the collection?

I'm more an organ player and would like to learn how to play those classics.

TIA

Anyone?

Thanks

Like you I'm a B3 man. I think most of the stuff is I IV V, or VI II V I. However if you have the changes for Jimmy McGriff's Dissertation on the Blues I'd be really grateful..............email me if you need some changes

Quote Originally Posted by sigiriuk View Post
    Like you I'm a B3 man. I think most of the stuff is I IV V, or VI II V I. However if you have the changes for Jimmy McGriff's Dissertation on the Blues I'd be really grateful..............email me if you need some changes
    Hi, I'm also a B3 man.
    i have some nice transcriptions of jimmy smith. Unfortunately from the other giants there's no music to find.
    They usually take songs from the fakebook with melody and chords. The rest is their magic!! And you will find out, it is....
    Let me know if you interested, give an email adress and I"ll send you the pdfs.
    Regards, Mars
    1957 B3
    1965 A100
    Leslie 122 2x
    PR40
    (I'm very lucky!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB3 View Post
    Hi, I'm also a B3 man.
    i have some nice transcriptions of jimmy smith. Unfortunately from the other giants there's no music to find.
    They usually take songs from the fakebook with melody and chords. The rest is their magic!! And you will find out, it is....
    Let me know if you interested, give an email adress and I"ll send you the pdfs.
    Regards, Mars
    1957 B3
    1965 A100
    Leslie 122 2x
    PR40
    (I'm very lucky!!!)
    Hi,

I've sent my email address, check your PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sigiriuk View Post
    Hi,

I've been playing for 40+ years by ear and iRealb is my first attempt to READ and LEARN music notation; what is I IV V, or VI II V I?

Thanks

and iReal b converts charts to (Nashville) number system if you want to see how it all works in a few of your charts (where: v becomes 5, ii = 2, vi=6 etc.)
    In your head you convert from the Numbers as shown to Roman.
    In Song view, change the transpose key to Number notation (when an instrumentalist plays the chart, they need to think in the key it is in.)
    If you are used to playing by ear, learning notation, chord symbols etc. can be quite difficult at first. You might be able to find a teacher or music student to help you.
    Have fun!