Thread: jazz ballad/double time style request

Default jazz ballad/double time style request

Hello,

In the Jazz Styles Pack, there is a Latin/Swing style that is very useful and demonstrates the capability of the program to change styles during the playing of a song. I suggest that the developers create a ballad/double-time style that plays a song at the set tempo in a ballad style for the first and last choruses and plays in double-time for all of the other choruses.

In addition, I strongly agree with a post by thesoundsmith on 1/4/2012 that a new style that plays in 2 for the first and last chorus and in 4 for the middle choruses would be very useful.

iReal b is a great app and seems to have a lot of flexibility. These two styles would really enhance the program for me (and my style of playing).

Thanks to the developers! Please take these suggestions under consideration.

Keith, FWIW, if you have a decent basic audio editor, take the WAV exports into it and merge/mix/mash the way you wish. I do this all the time, perhaps using, for example, a bossa bass with smooth jazz strings and rock drum kit. Then at the end, I just copy/paste the last four for a tag. Combining the export capability with the editor - I use Adobe Audition, but anything would do - gives a VERY powerful and quick gig development toolkit. Use the double-time and ballad exports (at the same tempo, of course). This also works if you want a key change option like in "Mac the Knife" where you play 4x in C then go up 1/2 step for three more - do one straight, one with the key set to transpose each loop, then combine.

Keeping in mind this is all happening in real time on a handheld device, I am impressed as hell with the programming skills of these guys (I used to code, so I know how tough it is on these small devices.)
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 02-18-2013 at 01:34 PM.