Thread: Tico Tico - Abreu Zequinha

Default Tico Tico - Abreu Zequinha

Tico Tico-1 by Abreu Zequinha

Default Tico-tico no Fubá - Zequinha Abreu

Tico-tico no Fubá - rondo form
    from the Chediak Choro book. I

Tico-tico no Fubá - Zequinha Abreu
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-11-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Default Be Carful using the double/repeat 2 bars sign %

I was just working on Tico Tico and at the Interlude I kept hearing the A major chord going an A minor7 .
    I thought it was the style so I tried different styles taking out the "chord embellishment feature" and it did not go away. I finally realized it was the two bar repeat going to the previous C major . I was playing the bass part so it was C/A or A-7.
    Anyway I fixed the chart and will post it wherever it belongs. I'm sure Bob will know what to do
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 2.39.01 PM.png 
Views:	1315 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	447 here is the way to do it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 2.56.26 PM.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	448
    Last edited by Bobsax; 04-28-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

I didn't check these two versions but if you have Tico Tico dfb and try and use the playing along feature you will get a C instead of an A in the 2nd bar of the interlude.
    This version corrects that and also I put a D.C. in so it will repeat to the top and only take the coda on the last chorus. There was also an A7 in the interlude that was in the wrong place . It should be all ready to go.
    btw if listen to the multitudes of versions on Spotify you will see that there are many ways to play with the form .
    This one is AABC but I heard several AACCBB versions AABBCC AABCC etc etc
    Tico Tico 2-0 - Zequinha Abreu
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    I was just working on Tico Tico and at the Interlude I kept hearing the A major chord going an A minor7 .
    I thought it was the style so I tried different styles taking out the "chord embellishment feature" and it did not go away. I finally realized it was the two bar repeat going to the previous C major . I was playing the bass part so it was C/A or A-7.
    Anyway I fixed the chart and will post it wherever it belongs. I'm sure Bob will know what to do
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 2.39.01 PM.png 
Views:	1315 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	447 here is the way to do it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 2.56.26 PM.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	448
    Hi Bob,
    Thanks for pointing out that the dfb version of Tico Tico had been incorrectly transcribed.
    That has now been corrected in the source playlist.

Tico Tico dfb - Zequinha Abreu

Also thanks for the good reminder to understand that the double-bar repeat repeats the TWO previous measures while the single bar-repeat just the immediately preceding measure.
    A good example chart to review is found here:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...3832#post33832

Your previous post pointed out the most difficult part in playing Tico Tico, agreeing on an order within the form....
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-28-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Just to add to the confusion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1sW9fN5xY

First recorded version (1931):

Tico-Tico No Fuba (Orchestra Colbaz - 1931) - Zequinha de Abreu