Thread: Chord placement for timing... ???

Default Chord placement for timing... ???

Just got this program tonight for my Nexus 7... Loving it! I'm running Xubuntu (Linux) so no BIAB for me, and too many $$ anyway... Basically all I'm needing this for is a rhythm track to play Hawaiian Lap Steel lead to... So, create a song, plug Neus into my sound card, and play away...

I entered the chords (once I figured out that a minor was a minus sign!)... But, having some problems with the timing of things... I'm in 4/4 time, but I need to have 2 chords on the last 2 eigth notes of the measure:

G Eb7 D7
    / / / / / / / /

Can't easily see a way to do this, so my chord changes come on beats 3 & 4 instead of the 2 halves of beat 4...

Any way to do this? I thought, & still do, that it would be nice to have 8/8 time! That would take care of it. :-)

Thanks... dk

unfortunately not at the moment, sorry.

Workarounds have been discussed here
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...beats-up-beats

I had similar problems whilst writing a new song. I put compound chords on beats 3 & 4, but there isn't enough space to display them properly. I've used the N & S facility, but even so they still clash. It would be great if the bar line could be stretched to accommodate these chords. Great program though thanks team.

If I can get away with it, with the Small chord size, I try to use simple chords like F- or G7 instead of F-6 or G7b9.
    If they clash, at least the player will play them correctly.
    You can use 8 spaces for a measure - the player does not respond to the eighth notes after the main beats, but will be clearer to read and they can be all normal size. Just insert a space after each beat and the barlines will move along (this is assuming 4/4.)