Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Jimmy McHugh

Default On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Jimmy McHugh

I'm new to ireal and am looking for Sunny Side of the Street and can't find it. Any advice?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-03-2015 at 04:15 PM.

did you download the 1300 jazz tune list lisa? should be there.. or you can write out the changes yourself with edit buttons :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I'm new to ireal and am looking for Sunny Side of the Street and can't find it. Any advice?
    First, get your coat and grab your hat.
    Then, use the search feature in the Forums: "sunny"
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....ighlight=Sunny
    You'll find:
    On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Jimmy McHugh

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Oh, I see what happened. I was looking under 's' instead of 'o' for ON the Sunny Side of the Street. (Yes I had downloaded the 1300 which is why I had been baffled.). Mystery solved, thanks, guys. : )

All versions of iReal b have a search function - it can be faster to use instead of swiping through the song index as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Oh, I see what happened. I was looking under 's' instead of 'o' for ON the Sunny Side of the Street. (Yes I had downloaded the 1300 which is why I had been baffled.). Mystery solved, thanks, guys. : )
    That happens.
    ON Green Dolphin Street
    TAKE THE A-Train
    Are two others that come to mind.
    )BOB

Also note that 'Tis Autumn, 'Tain't Me, (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays and any other song title that begins with punctuation, will rocket to the top of the charts, 'cause iRealb thinks those are numbers less-than-zero (unlike iTunes, which ignores punctuation completely, and drops arabic numerals to the bottom).

Multiple versions of songs would be less of an issue if when posting a re-harm or alternate version, members would include some source information or description:
    "here's my own version using different changes” or "as performed by <artist name>" or "from Vanilia Book 3” etc.

When possible include a brief descriptive label in the chart's song title too. That helps members identify different versions in their libraries.

When a new user searches for a title and is presented with several choices, the additional info is helpful.

Thanks for sharing
    )BOB