Thread: Sending a tune

Default Sending a tune

Send email in order to print problem:
    I choose a tune - I choose printable version, I send to an email address. IT DOES NOT SEND. Have tried two different email addresses, None works. I have no problem with sending other emails from my iPhone. NEED HELP

Default Sent a tune!

Sometimes you just have to read the fricken directions! I solved my own problem by doing just that. There was no problem with iRB, it was in the mail settings on my iPhone. BTW, this iRB is way cool.

Quote Originally Posted by basskat View Post
    Send email in order to print problem:
    I choose a tune - I choose printable version, I send to an email address. IT DOES NOT SEND. Have tried two different email addresses, None works. I have no problem with sending other emails from my iPhone. NEED HELP
    Hello BassKat,
    there are a few things to go through with you.

1 do you have more than one email account on your iPhone: Settings>Mail, Contacts...>Accounts. (Might be other questions to ask you depending on your answer here.)

2 In iReal Book when you press the Send>As printable image ... do you see an email with the song below. If so, are you typing in an email address that normally works with normal emailing from your iPhone (presumably yourself, since you want to print it, but I just need to be sure sending emails to this actual email address does work from your iPhone.)

3 You could make a screenshot of the iReal Book chart (press Home button and top (sleep) button at the same time.) The picture of the chart will appear in your iPhone Photos album. They are accessible from iTunes when you connect to your computer. You can print from there.
    This is a workaround until we work out what is happening with your sending.

4 in iReal book it is possible to email a backup of user songs or other songs. Does this work? (instead of pressing Send>As printable image.... choose Send>To other iPhone/iPod. And address the email and test sending.

-------
    Let us know what you have tried and we can work on the next steps to diagnose the problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by basskat View Post
    Sometimes you just have to read the fricken directions! I solved my own problem by doing just that. There was no problem with iRB, it was in the mail settings on my iPhone. BTW, this iRB is way cool.
    oh you did it. great... I thought it was mail settings. I will delete my rave below. thanks.

Don't delete!
    it's useful information and (I'm sure) will be helpful to someone in the future (and save you some time)

)BOB

Quote Originally Posted by nightjazz View Post
    Don't delete!
    Hi Bob, well it is just the basic information without the 'what to do.' Will leave it there for now though. Might post a list of things to check if Send does not work... if I get around to it, although it is more likely it is Settings outside iReal book.