Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma

Quote Originally Posted by rKeeling75 View Post
    So that I understand what I did wrong, from the links you posted, my post should have been under the Jazz forum for the existing Autumn Leaves song thread?

I had gone through this thread but it didn't really fit (Clapton's version is a bit different than what had been posted and he is usually considered a blues/rock player). Sorry for that.
    From the guidelines:
    Share different versions of already posted tunes (arrangements, alternate changes, reharms, "as played by's" etc.) in the discussion thread for that song.
    Did you mean to post a chart?
    )BOB

No, not at that time. I was asking to see if it had already been done (as I had not found that version yet). And if it had not been done, I would take a stab at trying to enter it myself.

No, not at that time. I was asking to see if it had already been done (as I had not found that version yet). And if it had not been done, I would take a stab at trying to enter it myself.
    We look forward to your chart.
    https://irealpro.com/input-a-complet...der-3-minutes/

You may find it easier to start with a duplicate of an existing chart, reset and transpose the default key to Bm, then edit the chords as needed and set player tempo and style. Then post it here.
    )BOB

Eric's version is the regular fake book arrangement, played in the Gypsy 2-beat style.

I will have to try that (using the real book's arrangement). But I already tried entering it myself. I guess it is an exercise in learning how to use the app better.

This version is from an ultimate guitar post but it is working well enough for me to get started with. ( https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab...chords_2369739 )

Autumn Leaves - Eric Clapton
    Last edited by rKeeling75; 08-12-2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Adding in the link; always quote your sources.

Autumn Leaves - Eric Clapton
    Please remember to include correct composer information on charts posted in the forums.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...er-information

You can include version info with the title

Example: Autumn Leaves (Clapton) - Joseph Kosma

)BOB

Seems the app ate my post when I tried to edit it.

Here is the sheet with the correct composer.

Autumn Leaves (Eric Clapton) - Joseph Kosma

Thanks
    Our goal for forum discussion is not just to arrive at (and only post) a "correct" chart, but rather to show the process and help current and future users get better at it.
    )BOB

To that end I have a question on whitespace in the song format. Does the application care or is it only driven by barlines? My sheet isn't exactly pretty.

To that end I have a question on whitespace in the song format. Does the application care or is it only driven by barlines? My sheet isn't exactly pretty.
    Go ahead and post it. Easier to edit an example with you than to speak in generalities.
    )BOB