Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma

here's an enhanced version of the changes to autumn leaves, enjoy!

autumn leaves Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma

Autumn Leaves" is a popular song and jazz standard composed by Joseph Kosma in 1945 with original lyrics by Jacques Prévert in French (original French title: "Les Feuilles mortes"), and later by Johnny Mercer in English. An instrumental version by pianist Roger Williams was a number one best-seller in the US Billboard charts of 1955.

Kosma was a native of Hungary who was introduced to Prévert in Paris. They collaborated on the song Les Feuilles mortes ("The Dead Leaves") for the 1946 film Les Portes de la nuit (Gates of the Night) where it was sung by Irène Joachim and Yves Montand. The poem was published, after the death of Jacques Prévert, in the book "Soleil de Nuit" in 1980. Kosma was influenced by a piece of ballet music, "Rendez-vous" written for Roland Petit, performed in Paris at the end of the Second World War, large parts of the melodies are exactly the same, which was itself borrowed partially from "Poème d'octobre" by Jules Massenet. The first commercial recordings of "Les Feuilles mortes" were released in 1950, by Cora Vaucaire and by Yves Montand. Johnny Mercer wrote the English lyric and gave it the title "Autumn Leaves". Mercer was a partner in Capitol Records at the time, and Capitol recording artist Jo Stafford made the first English-language recording in July, 1950.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-06-2015 at 10:51 AM.

very interesting, thanks! :-)

thank U too..

Default Autum leaves

Autumn Leaves (g min) - Joseph Kosma

Default Autumn leaves in alternate key

Autumn Leaves In Our Key! - Joseph Kosma - Johnny Mercer

Default Autumn Leaves with the second and first endings and triangle 7's removed

The triangle means Maj 7 . It is redundant to put the 7. pet peeve . sorry
    I also put the 1st ending g7b9 for the repeat that most folks play on solos.
    Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma
    This is probably been done already but what the heck

Default Autumn Leaves, Real Book 5th Edition version

The version of Autumn Leaves that comes with the Jazz 1300 is a nice arrangement, but I found myself wanting to practice the Real Book 5th edition version, which is in E minor (the more common key to the song), and a bit simpler than the Jazz 1300 version, which is in G minor. Enjoy! This is my first attempt to post here, so forgive me if this fails.

Autumn Leaves (RB5) - Joseph Kosma

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesnotjim View Post
    The version of Autumn Leaves that comes with the Jazz 1300 is a nice arrangement, but I found myself wanting to practice the Real Book 5th edition version, which is in E minor (the more common key to the song), and a bit simpler than the Jazz 1300 version, which is in G minor. Enjoy! This is my first attempt to post here, so forgive me if this fails.

Autumn Leaves (RB5) - Joseph Kosma
    Hey James I noticed that I didn't have the Hal Leonard Real Book 1 version .It's very similar to your RB5 version except for the turnaround at the end.
    Autumn Leaves RB1 - Joseph Kosma
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

I can't download this one I use Ireal b

Thanks Joenick, nice changes!!