Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backup

Default Backup

I can't back up the songs. I have an iPhone 4S. Is there a limit to the amount of songs I can backup?

Quote Originally Posted by diatonic View Post
    I can't back up the songs. I have an iPhone 4S. Is there a limit to the amount of songs I can backup?
    How many songs do you have? Hub>About will tell you.
    Did you get an error when trying to email?
    I presume your email is working ok (try sending a photo to yourself.)
    Also restart your iPhone to clear any problems it might be having.

I have 2712 songs. My email is fine for sending pictures and other things, but won't allow me to do backup. I am unable to type my email address for backup. I've started deleting songs. Any other suggestions?

Can you email a large playlist? (or any song or playlist)
    Say if you downloaded Jazz 1300 (again) and then tried to email the playlist as though it was a "backup"
    2700 shouldn't too many. I've got almost 4000.
    When I generate a backup, if I choose to cancel it, it asks if I want to save the draft. Can you save the draft, check the draft folder, and send it from there?
    Random thoughts
    )BOB

I am not clear about what it is you cannot do... do you press the keyboard keys and nothing enters? Does the keyboard come up when you tap in the email address field?
    Have you got Airturn (in Settings) ON? If off, could you turn it on then off again then see what happens?
    There could be a bug but I need to know what the procedure is. Thanks for helping.

As Bob said, are you able to email a playlist, so it is just the backup itself? I doubt it is the number of songs you have.

"I am not clear about what it is you cannot do... do you press the keyboard keys and nothing enters? Does the keyboard come up when you tap in the email address field?"

Exactly Dflat. That's it. Nothing comes up in the email address field. I can email playlists, but can't do a backup. And what is Airturn?

Am I going to have to uninstall and reinstall?

You don't have to do an emailed backup. When you sync with the desktop you will see iRealB listed as an app that can handle files. Click it and you will see some .plist file. Copy that to the desktop. There's your backup.

Also, I just tried the backup and there was a delay before I could enter an email address (while it generated the backup file I assume). With so many songs it might just take more time in your case. Try waiting for a while longer.

Hi Anton, I tried that. Left it overnight. Didn't work.