Thread: Piano Chords for Right Hand as Well?

Default Piano Chords for Right Hand as Well?

I am switching from solo piano to accompaniment piano playing (comping). I just ordered the Piano Chords module for IReal and the one-handed chord option says "left hand chords". Since I'll be using the right hand for chord playing instead of the left hand, can I still use these chord charts? ? I'm mainly interested in smooth inversion switching with minimal hand movement and I wonder if I have to make adjustments on note fingering because of this. Should it therefore say "one-hand left or right hand chords"?

Thanks for any feedback.

Fil

I could be wrong here but it sounds to me like you need other sources for comping chords. I wouldn't learn your 2-handed voicings from iRealb if I were you. The Jazz Piano Book (Mark Levine) is the one you want. There's also one called Jazz Keyboard Harmony which is very very good too.

Also, the chords you use in the LH when soloing can, of course, be used for comping too. In fact, I use those chords all the time. You can build up your arsenal of voicings from there. Good luck.