Thread: Al Green songs

Default Al Green songs

First of all, I love what is going on here. I was completely psyched to find this program, and then to find this group with all these tunes... i mean, wow... the internet is a beautiful thing.

So in honor of the love I feel for internet communities like this, I'm going to start the Al Green thread, so let's get it on:

I'll kick this one off:
    Let's Stay Together by Al Green

The outro gets a little funky (right before the fade, he skips the 3/4 bar and does a different turnaround) but this is the bulk of the tune.

More to come...

I know someone just requested "Love and Happiness" which is a badass tune. Maybe I'll tackle that next.

Wow! Great idea (Al Green thread)!!

On a side note, I don't know the song, but I made a couple of corrections in your chart:
    - repeat signs (can't leave empty measures, they won't play)
    - sections letters (IN is not included in chorus count, and different letters play differently in some styles, for variety)
    - the meter indications need to be inserted as in usual practice (to go back to 4/4, it needs to be specified)
    - double measure bars at end and beginning of section (aside from aesthetic reasons, they tell the player to create fills, and accents on downbeats)
    - removed the "repeat to A" indication (with IN specified, choruses always start at A)

There are other versions of "LST" in other posts, but this one plays correctly (I assume from chart)

Thanks for posting!
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Found this in another post by Mididiot, thought I'd post here also...
    Love and Happiness
    Live freely. Respect the planet.