Thread: How do I create an introduction to a song

Default How do I create an introduction to a song

This is my first time using irealb. I'm singing along to a song, & would like an 8 measure intro, but don't know how to create it. Can some one tell me? The counting is fine but a musical intro would help me find the pitch. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol811 View Post
    This is my first time using irealb. I'm singing along to a song, & would like an 8 measure intro, but don't know how to create it. Can some one tell me? The counting is fine but a musical intro would help me find the pitch. Thanks.
    You could edit the tune. Insert extra measures at the start labeled IN. (that will tell the player to only play it once at the start) and put in your intro chords.....or....
    The easiest thing to do is to add an extra repeat to the player screen and then start playback 8 bars from the end of the tune.
    )BOB

I want intro as we'll. it is 8 bar intro but reall 4 bar repeated 2x so I put "in" on 1st bar with repeat but the player go back to it. Should I put in on all the bars. I wonder how the player knows where is end of intro. Help pls. Thank u

Either use a 4 measure introduction with repeats at either end or make the intro 8 measures long (you might need to add extra spaces in to create this).
    If you use IN to indicate the intro, then use A (meaning section A) for the beginning of the song (so it knows when the intro stops, and for the player to know where to go back to if you repeat the song a few times).

There is additional information that might be helpful in our glossary:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...&p=282#post282

For some songs where you the introduction is the last 4 or 8 measures at the end of the song, you can hold on the measure you need to start from and play from there. (Make sure your chorus count is set to greater than 1 otherwise it will just play from there then end.)

Be sure to read this helpful guide:
    http://irealpro.com/how-to-add-an-intro-to-a-song/
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-22-2016 at 09:17 PM.