Thread: Features suggestions

Default Features suggestions

Wondering if a few options are available, and I'm just missing them. When I pull up a song, just prior to playing it, if I go to the section that enables me to change the key, from that point on in playing it, it will climb a half step at the conclusion of each verse. I wondered is there a way to lock it onto a certain key , other than the original key,m and play it in the key only. For example, if I'm rehearsing with a singer, and they need it a certain key, I dont want it to keep changing the key of the tune. Is there a place to do that, or is that a feature that could be implented down the road? i thought maybe I could do it by looping the entire song, but nope, the song changes keys at the end of each loop.

Also, is there a place where the key of the song is noted, and could the new key show with the increase or decrease in steps...( or is that too difficult to accomplish)

I really like the first note idea, placing the first note of the phrase, or the interval, somewhere on the page. That always helps me to get the song going properly. Also, is there a way to get vocal lyrics to tie in with the song, almost a karaoke style approach. That would enable me to piece the song together by ear without any melody charts.

I am absolutely thrilled with this app. It has dramatically improved my practice times efficiency, and given me much more interesting practice. I can feel myself improving quickly, and have an outlet as a sax player to take my show on the road, without my band, when a smaller venue just needs one musician...

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by lz081196 View Post
    ... from that point on in playing it, it will climb a half step at the conclusion of each verse.
    You have the Practice feature turned on (turn Key to off.) Read this:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....1763#post11763

Also, is there a place where the key of the song is noted, and could the new key show with the increase or decrease in steps...( or is that too difficult to accomplish)
    In Song view, if you tap, the top menu bar will show the key (this key is set in Song edit>Info.)
    When key is set to automatically transpose with each chorus in Practice settings (from the Player window) you will see the key listed at the top and the number of choruses playing.

I really like the first note idea, placing the first note of the phrase, or the interval, somewhere on the page. That always helps me to get the song going properly. Also, is there a way to get vocal lyrics to tie in with the song, almost a karaoke style approach. That would enable me to piece the song together by ear without any melody charts.
    You can use Text in Song edit to enter whatever you like.
    Currently adding lyrics as such (other than whatever you can fit in using Text) is not supported.
    This thread gives you information about multitasking, where you could display lyrics in iBooks etc. while iReal b is playing in the background.
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....=3950#post3950

- In the Hub>Help and Support are video tutorials and a link to the online manuals.