Thread: How to synchopate chords?

Default How to synchopate chords?

I've been enjoying inputing tunes I am learning into IRb to allow me to practice against them.

Most of the tunes are easy to represent in IRb, but I'm having trouble with one in which a few of the chords are synchopated.

The tune is in 4/4, but in one measure, the first chord gets three 8th notes, the second chord gets three 8th notes, and the third chord gets two 8th notes (and then the next measure is the same chord as the last chord of the previous measure). In BIAB, I would do this using what they call "pushing" the chords. I don't see a way to do this in IRb.

I've tried changing the time-signature for one or two measures (e.g., to 6/8 or 12/8), but haven't succeeding in getting that to work.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffajohnson View Post
    ... "pushing" the chords. I don't see a way to do this in IRb.
    Currently there is no way to do this, however we have this on our list for consideration in a future update. The rhythmic anticipations you already hear when it plays are 'randomly' part of the player engine for that style.
    Thanks for your suggestion.

OK. I suggest that instead of adding a BIAB-like chord "push" kludge, it would be cleaner to be able to indicate that a measure's chord-slots are broken down into eighth notes, rather than just the quarter note chord-slots IRb currently has.

My $0.02.