Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday

Default Winter Wonderland

Winter Winter Wonderland - Felix Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by bucketbros View Post
    Winter Winter Wonderland - Felix Bernard
    You are welcome to post NEW songs and arrangements (one by one please) to share for the benefit of all in the main song forums. Always search (magnifying glass icon, top-right) to avoid posting duplicate charts.

If you just tweak a chord or two for personal use, you can post in the sandbox.

Multiple versions of songs would be less of an issue if when posting a re-harm or alternate version, members would include some source information or description:
    "here's my own version using different changes” or "as performed by <artist name>" or "from Vanilia Book 3” etc.

Helpful info:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-and-Playlists
    )BOB

Default Christmas Comes But Once A Year - Amos Milburn

Default Vanilla (Traditional) changes for Christmas Carols & Songs

I appreciate all the work the Moderators do, and all the community contributions. But...

It seems like every Christmas when I pull iRealPro out and try to play along with a Piano player and singers, I always get complaints about the non-traditional changes.
    While it's fun to jazz-it-up on some of these tunes, a lot of people just want the comfort of the old, traditional carols, the way they've heard them since childhood.

I see some of the songs in "Holiday 100" marked "(Jazz)" or "(Alt)", so those are to be avoided in the situation I'm talking about. But when someone starts singing a song, and the Piano player gets going (because he's played 40 years and can play it in any key), I'm still flipping through 6 or more versions I've collected from the forum, trying to figure out which I should transpose and try.

I've given up on solving it for this Christmas, but would be happy to take part in a community effort to make a "vanilla changes" playlist for Christmas 2017.

Thanks...Lyle

I agree with you completely Lyle . I went through a stage of reharmonizing everything . It's a fun game to play but often not very musical and arguably can creatively hamstring the player. but I digress , you are talking about the play-along usage. I am constantly going through tunes here and "devolving" them back to there 1,4,5, roots. . I'll post a few Devolved Xmas tunes for you here later.
    btw
    Mods I still am having issues with deleting songs from playlists . I must be missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I appreciate all the work the Moderators do, and all the community contributions. But...

It seems like every Christmas when I pull iRealPro out and try to play along with a Piano player and singers, I always get complaints about the non-traditional changes.
    While it's fun to jazz-it-up on some of these tunes, a lot of people just want the comfort of the old, traditional carols, the way they've heard them since childhood.

I see some of the songs in "Holiday 100" marked "(Jazz)" or "(Alt)", so those are to be avoided in the situation I'm talking about. But when someone starts singing a song, and the Piano player gets going (because he's played 40 years and can play it in any key), I'm still flipping through 6 or more versions I've collected from the forum, trying to figure out which I should transpose and try.

I've given up on solving it for this Christmas, but would be happy to take part in a community effort to make a "vanilla changes" playlist for Christmas 2017.

Thanks...Lyle
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Well this is sort of passive aggressive ..sorry
    Since I can't seem to figure out how do remove songs from a playlist only I'm posting the whole playlist with bad versions.
    the good versions are on the bottom of the list.
    also since I don't use these with play along you may need to go through and remove all the major 7 chords #11 b9 etc. This will make your music much more traditional sounding .
    Christmas Liz (12)

Individual songs:
    Hark the Herald Angels Sing (Tom's) - Traditional
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen 1 - Traditional
    Frosty The Snowman - Rollins-Nelson
    Feliz Navidad 1 - José Feliciano
    Feliz Navidad (Alt.) 1 - José Feliciano
    Let It Snow! - Cahn-Styne
    Angels We Have Heard On High (Jazz) - Unknown
    Angels We Have Heard On High- Liz - Unknown
    Winter Wonderland liz - Felix Bernard
    We Wish You A Merry Christmas 1 - Traditional
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -liz - Traditional
    Hark the Herald Angels Sing -liz - Traditional
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

What's new about this? It looks like a couple others I have.
    It's just clutter if you haven't changed it.
    Changing the key or playalong settings don't justify a post either.
    Quote Originally Posted by stchristopheroz View Post

Rudolph has some layout issues .It's great for play along but the chart was unreadable in places. So for musicians that will actually need to read the chart here you go.
    Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Tom's)2-0 - Johnny Marks

Quote Originally Posted by ged2phd View Post
    First time posting, hope I get it right. Not great at editing songs so any suggestions or fixes are appreciated. This playlist
    has to be downloaded in its entirety because I don't know how to make the songs clickable individually, but these versions work better for me, so I hope you find it's worth it!

Christmas (24)

1. Angels We Have Heard On High - Unknown
    2. Away In A Manger (Tom"s) - Traditional
    3. Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabelle - Unknown Composer
    4. Christmas Song (Tom's Accompaniment) - Tormé-Wells
    5. Deck The Halls (Tom's) - Traditional
    6. First Noël, The (Tom's) - Traditional
    7. Frosty The Snowman (Tom's) - Rollins-Nelson
    8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Tom's) - Traditional
    9. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - as performed by Willie Nelson Tom's Arr
    10. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - Richard Willis
    11. Jingle Bell Rock (Tom's) - Beal-Boothe
    12. Jingle Bells (Tom's) - James Pierpont
    13. Joy To The World (Tom's) - Handel-Mason-Watts
    14. O Come, All Ye Faithful (Tom's) - John Wade
    15. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (Jazz) - Johnny Marks
    16. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (Rock) - Johnny Marks
    17. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Tom's) - Johnny Marks
    18. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Tom's) - Coots-Gillespie
    19. Silent Night (Tom's) - Gruber-Mohr-Young
    20. Silver Bells (Tom's) - Livingston-Evans
    21. We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Tom's) - Traditional
    22. What Child Is This or Greensleeves (Tom's) - William Dix
    23. White Christmas (Tom's) - Unknown Composer
    24. Winter Wonderland (Tom's) - Felix Bernard
    Last edited by Bobsax; 12-19-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Rudolph has some layout issues .It's great for play along but the chart was unreadable in places. So for musicians that will actually need to read the chart here you go.
    Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Tom's)2-0 - Johnny Marks
    Edited to conform to iRp conventions
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ut-conventions

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Tom's)2-0 1 - Johnny Marks

)BOB

Did chords for this christmas classic.

Walking in the air - Howard Blake